Respected Contributor

Can anyone recommend a NON-Electric easy to use can opener.  One that takes the top off the can not pierce the lid. 

I would have not thought this to be a difficult purchase but it is.  

So far I have tried the Rosle ($55.00) and it left metal shavings that I had to pick out.

and the

OXO Smooth edge can opener ($23.00) and it is so difficult to crank you need an arm-wrestling champ in your household.

Respected Contributor

I've owned the Kuhn Rikon for years, which I believe QVC still sells, (where I got mine about 7 years ago)...works great, stays completely clean, no shavings, clean cut of taking top of can off not touching any food. Easy to use...no clean up.

Respected Contributor

@Abrowneyegirl I have Pampered Chef's & I love it. It does take a little force to turn it, but I don't have a problem using it.

Esteemed Contributor

@Abrowneyegirl  I've had the Kuhn Rikon for many years and have given it as gifts. I would recommend it without reservations. Here's a pic from Amazon, but QVC sells a different version.

Kuhn Rikon Auto Safety Master Opener for Cans, Bottles and Jars, 9 x 2.75 inches, Red

Valued Contributor

I have been using this for years, also.  I have also given it to others.  We all love it.  Price between Q and A.

Honored Contributor

I have had a Kuhn Rikon (sp) for several years and it still works like it did on Day One.  I’ve gifted it to several people too. 

Honored Contributor

I have 2 versions of the Kuhn Ricon can opener as well as the jar opener than came with the newer, smaller one.  All came from QVC.  I liked the red one enough to buy the newer version so that I had one in each of my snowbird homes.

Respected Contributor

Another vote for Pampered Chef's opener.  I have had mine for years.....it's the only one I use.  

Trusted Contributor

Swing-A-Way Portable Can Opener Black — KitchenKapers

Swing a way is our favorite can opener, last a long time. 

Honored Contributor

We've used a Swing-A-Way for years.