Respected Contributor

@SharkE 

I'm pretty excited I bought the Power XL just now.  10% off with Rakuten and the free ship, good deal!

Can't wait to use it.  Too much smoke using my cast iron stove top grill pans.  And the bake feature, do you use that?

Honored Contributor

Re: Shout out to @sharke

[ Edited ]

My power XL is a grill plate and the other plate is flat surface for pancakes and grilled cheese, etc.

070153d1-2037-4683-8cd9-9a5add24e51f.eb7220459211c5e6f6ba56727bb48648.jpeg

Respected Contributor

Ok, same one.  Dave demonstrated baking a breakfast casserole.  

Honored Contributor

OH, ok, will have to watch the demo I was in church. LOL just use mine for grilling and pancakes on Sunday

Honored Contributor

@rockygems123 

Well, I learned something didn't know it would bake LOL 

Also, didn't know the lid came off, I just wiped it clean with my green scrubbie thing and dried it. LOL

When I make pancakes I don't fool with filling the water tray pancakes ain't gonna smoke and only takes 3-4 minutes any way.

Walmart carries these now, but, no colors U know. I got mine at sam's last yr.

You will notice on the silver  pan their is a arrow pointing >>>>>> be sure to place it back in place over the water tray with the right pointing arrow to the right side.   One day I couldn't figure out why I was having so much trouble replacing the silver tray and I had it reversed. The arrows > will tell you how to put it together in the right sequence.

water tray 

silver tray with arrows

heating element

grill or non stick flat grid last.   Easy clean up too. I wash by hand if you have sticky BBQ sauce I just let lay in sinkwater for awhile. I got big double sink and the grid will lay down in it.

Respected Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

@rockygems123 

Well, I learned something didn't know it would bake LOL 

Also, didn't know the lid came off, I just wiped it clean with my green scrubbie thing and dried it. LOL

When I make pancakes I don't fool with filling the water tray pancakes ain't gonna smoke and only takes 3-4 minutes any way.

Walmart carries these now, but, no colors U know. I got mine at sam's last yr.

You will notice on the silver  pan their is a arrow pointing >>>>>> be sure to place it back in place over the water tray with the right pointing arrow to the right side.   One day I couldn't figure out why I was having so much trouble replacing the silver tray and I had it reversed. The arrows > will tell you how to put it together in the right sequence.

water tray 

silver tray with arrows

heating element

grill or non stick flat grid last.   Easy clean up too. I wash by hand if you have sticky BBQ sauce I just let lay in sinkwater for awhile. I got big double sink and the grid will lay down in it.

@SharkE 

Well God was happy you took a little time out from him to help a fellow community member lol.

Thank you for the great tips, I appreciate it.  I was so frustrated with a George Foreman I bought a year or so ago, time to try something else. 

Honored Contributor

I had a nice $$$$$$$ Philips indoor grill that I paid double what I paid for the Power XL and those reflective, SHINY and I mean SHINY mirror side panels that actually cooked the food was a horror to keep clean. I had to stand to the side of the thing to flip burgers or turn steaks. I was afraid I'd do damage to my eyes, then, I had cataract surgery and I sure wasn't gonna look down in that fiery pit.

Finally , months of scraping with a paint scaper and heavy duty scratcher to keep the reflective panels shiny I just said I'm not doing this any more packed it up and donated it.

Took a chance on the XL and best thing I ever did. Clean up is a breeze !

Nothing is peeling either. I know you will enjoy it. You can marinade your meat overnight in the refrigerator in any store bought marinade or buy that 

LIquid smoke and marinade to give food more of a real outdoor charcoal flavor.  Oh, I do ribs too on it. Just drench the cooked ribs in BBQ sauce and put back on grill for 5 minutes to soak in.

0186d67281bd12a5a109cd52ef663a25.jpg