Respected Contributor

Seasonings or seasoning blends you use the most

[ Edited ]

Would be interested to know whether you all have any favorite seasonings or blends in your pantry that get used the most.

For me..........

McCormick Montreal Steak seasoning (Not  used just for beef, because the salt, pepper and garlic in it are useful  for other meats and in many other dishes, soups and stews)

Old Bay and/or New Orleans chef Paul Prudhomme's Seafood Magic for fish, crab dishes and all other seafood

McCormick Gourmet Italian Seasoning   I use it on all types of vegetables to be roasted and in many other dishes.  It does not make anything taste too Italian and is versatile enough to be used almost anywhere.  Contains marjoram, rosemary, thyme, savory, sage, oregano and basil,

McCormick Gourmet Cajun Seasoning.   Contains garlic, pepper, cayenne pepper, onion, paprika, sea salt , red and green pepper.

Honored Contributor

Re: Seasonings or seasoning blends you use the most

Margaritaville Calypso Rub...but I can't find it anywhere.   I DO have some left in my stash, tho  

Calypso Rub

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I use a lot of herbs de Provence.  Also, Italian herbs; basil in particular.

Honored Contributor

Even if I have a lot of seasonings in my kitchen, I cannot do without Bragg's Organic 24 Herbs & Spices, and Borsari Original Blend.  They are must haves for me.

483AD659-E3AD-46B5-8274-E13BD3D973F9.jpeg

074024AF-4C1A-45FB-839A-B6956DA8C686.jpeg

Respected Contributor

Penzey's Fox Point is my all-time fave, but a new one they have that is great is called Florida Seasoned Pepper and it's salt-free! 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

All no salt. I use these almost every day, and they are excellent sprinkled on a salad with just oil and vinegar. They are great to use making no salt salad dressings.

I sprinkle on all grilled meats and seafood and making soups.  

88680F14-673F-4F8C-BAC8-A325A845F352_4_5005_c.jpeg2FFB12DA-B637-4D5E-8853-878E4FEED1C2_4_5005_c.jpeg33EE800F-4B99-4B57-AD9E-9E75AF24453B_4_5005_c.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Mrs Dash, salt, pepper, chili powder, dried onion flakes

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

Margaritaville Calypso Rub...but I can't find it anywhere.   I DO have some left in my stash, tho  

Calypso Rub

If you go to Margaritaville Foods website, they have a guide to find the stores in your area that sell Calypso Rub.

I don't know what state you live in or your area. But it is easy to use. Maybe their guide can help you find it.

Respected Contributor

I don't use any of those listed. I do use Emeril's Essence, which I make in batches. 

Honored Contributor

Italian Blends are used most, and one has some heat to it!  We have a big collection of herbs and spices. 

We use a lot of Middle East spices such as cinnamon, black pepper,  ginger, nutmeg, white pepper, cumin and ground coriander.   We use LOTS of cumin in Mexican/Southwest and Middle Eastern foods. 

Greek:  Cavenders is good.

Durkee: 6 pepper blend

Cajun:  Tony Cacheres

Chili Powder:  Just use our own oregano, cumin, garlic powder, cayenne etc. after having measured the packets in our favorite 2 Alarm Chili mix!

Celtic Sea Salt

Gray Sea Salt

White pepper 

Smoked Paprika

Curry Powder (tuna salad!)

Lots of lemons and limes! 

We always keep a mix of half salt, 1/4 garlic powder and 1/4 pepper mixed and in shakers.

I like the Pepper Mate twist handle pepper mill better than any other one we've had.