Honored Contributor

Hard Boiled FRESH Eggs That Peel Easily!

I found this method a few months ago, and it gives perfect hard boiled eggs!  I wanted to devil eggs, and had just bought them but they were perfect!Smiley Happy

The "times" are now taped inside my cabinet!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3KvfZZIARA

Honored Contributor

Re: Hard Boiled FRESH Eggs That Peel Easily!

@ECBG You are a good egg to share this!  Woman Very Happy

My husband does this either by using about a 1/2 inch of water in a small pan or a steamer basket and steams them for 12 minutes.

We used to have one of those cheap egg cookers and it worked well too.  I still use it. 

Honored Contributor

I do them in the pressure cooker.  Works perfectly.

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

My husband does this either by using about a 1/2 inch of water in a small pan or a steamer basket and steams them for 12 minutes.

We used to have one of those cheap egg cookers and it worked well too.  I still use it. 

@Sooner  I love my cheap egg cooker too!  So easy and now they have double decker ones so you can cook more.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Sooner 

Honey, it works GREAT!  I have lessened the cool time by a few minutes when I devil eggs.  I find if everything is mixed withOUT the yellows being cold, the filling won't be lumpy and the flavors are better.

Esteemed Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Sooner  I love my cheap egg cooker too!  So easy and now they have double decker ones so you can cook more.

Me too!!!!  Got the chicken double decker egg cook from the Q and it sounds like a chicken when it's ready!!!!!Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

I have the egg cooker from Mark Charles Misilli and it makes wonderful boiled eggs.  Afterwards I put the eggs in ice water and wait until their cool and voila.  

Honored Contributor

Cook eggs 5 min in a pressure cooker and each and every one will peel perfectly. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@ECBG : Best thing for me =

I have tried everything including the egg cooker that I thought was great until I purchased this. Perfect results every time. 80572C54-D6E9-479D-8D84-69D6A7FF408F.jpeg

Valued Contributor

@SouthernBee  Agree- the Instantpot does the best job at hard boiling (actually steaming) eggs. Put them in an ice bath right after.