Super Contributor

Re: Scrub Daddy and glass stove tops

On 7/31/2014 DiAnne said:

I have a white glass top stove and it looks like new - it is about 6 years old. I highly recommend Cermabryte. The sell it at Lowe's and Home Depot but you could probably find it many places. The also have a small abrasive cloth that works wonders.

This is what I use and it's great.

They also sell the products in a little kit with a razor-scraper that is great for stuck on things.

Honored Contributor

On 7/31/2014 PamelaSue72 said:

I actually tend to like the Mr. Clean Magic Erasers better for many cleaning projects than the Scrub Daddy.

I used to use those on my glass shower doors and they were fantastic for that. Now I have a curtain instead of doors, but maybe I'll pick up another box of these for the stove. Thanks.

Sounds like I should skip the Scrub Daddy and try a few other options. Thank you all very much!

Occasional Contributor

Prof Amos Shock It Clean (purchased on HSN), razor blade, wipe with microfiber cloth. If your glass is super greasy/dirty, use vodka (not Grey Goose, the cheap kind) instead of Shock It Clean.

Frequent Contributor

Scrub Daddy didn't work well for cleaning my glass top stove. Cermabryte and a razor blade gizmo w/ handle works well, then I just wipe it off w/ a cloth.

Honored Contributor

They demo'd cleaning a glass top stove. Then when I got the package, it says not the best for glass top stove. Phooey. That's what I bought them for. I use two different brands of white ceramic cleaner, one is Weiman's. Severely burned stuff needs extra effort but it will come off eventually. Don't use Brillo or SOS pads or you will have heavy scratching. I cringe whenever I read posters using Brillo on anything.

Occasional Contributor

I tried everything - bought special cleansers etc - I have black glass-top. A friend said she uses Comet and a regular sponge. I tried it and have been using for 2 years. I have had some awful messes and Comet cleans it like new - no scratches at all.

Respected Contributor

On 7/31/2014 techsupport said:

I tried everything - bought special cleansers etc - I have black glass-top. A friend said she uses Comet and a regular sponge. I tried it and have been using for 2 years. I have had some awful messes and Comet cleans it like new - no scratches at all.

I use Soft Scrub and one of those nylon scrubbie sponges with a little water....after I get all the crud off then I polish it with stove top cleaner but IMO stove top cleaner does not clean good enough but it does polish it.

Honored Contributor

I also use Ceramabryte, the cleanser and the Ceramabryte sponge pads, get them at Walmart My stove top glass is 14 years old, looks brand new.

Honored Contributor

I ordered them just for my ceramic stove. They did not work for me either. I returned them.

I am sure they are a great 'sponge' but my only purpose in ordering was for the stove. It didn't clean well at all and I still had to get the blade.

I currently use the Scotch brand pads and holder...they only work okay.

I just ordered V32175 the Bio Cleaner & cloths with the same goal in mind...if that product doesn't do well on the stove...it also is going back.

Thank you all very much for the suggestion of Ceramabryte (and where to get it!!) If that Bio Cleaner paste doesn't work...I'll be off to Walmart! Thanks again!

Trusted Contributor

Ceramabryte for me,too. Nothing else works as well as that.