Honored Contributor

Saturday's Take Out Dinner ...Lasagna

As I've posted before during this I've been cooking for others.  

One of the couples hubby loves lasagna -- so today it's a rainy one and made a few trays.  I'm gonna freeze some for me (spouse doesn't like).  I haven't made it in a long time -- normally I'll do lasagna roll ups or eggplant rolatini.

14637B47-7D9E-434B-9F2A-638CAF844EDD.jpeg

Super Contributor

Re: Saturday's Take Out Dinner ...Lasagna

Looks more than delicious!!!!

Honored Contributor

That looks delicious.

That's what I am making for tomorrow.  I thawed out my sauce today and got my pasta  machine out.

I just need to make my pasta tomorrow and assemble.  I have been in a cooking mode all day today. I hope I don't run out of steam by tomorrow.

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

That looks delicious.

That's what I am making for tomorrow.  I thawed out my sauce today and got my pasta  machine out.

I just need to make my pasta tomorrow and assemble.  I have been in a cooking mode all day today. I hope I don't run out of steam by tomorrow.

I'm impressed that you make your own pasta.  I think it is an art.  As a teenager, I dated an Italian boy whos mother made pasta on Saturday afternoons.  When we would spend Saturday evenings at his home, there would be noodles hanging off of racks and chairs in the dining room.  I was fortunate to be invited to enjoy the bounty in numerous dishes at the Sunday family meal at his grandmother's home.  I bet he married a 'nice Italian girl' who made fresh pasta.  

Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter   Actually it's easy to make and really worth it..so much better.

I am gluten free, so I have to make two different kinds and not cross contaminate.  That's the difficult part.

Sometimes I make it with Béchamel instead of Ricotta for a nice change.,,my DH's favorite.

Honored Contributor

@Carmie 

You go girl making your own pasta sheets!  My kids are dying for fresh veal raviolis and gnocchis.  I usually make a big amount while I'm home for Easter break...guess they'll have to wait awhile!

(My one son keeps saying see ya at Tgiving...oh i hope not!)

Enjoy! Lasagna isn't one of my favorites but I love eggplant rollups.