Esteemed Contributor

I would have to pass. Just don't even look like anything I'd want to try.

Honored Contributor

@CLEM,That cauli "cake" looks good!  It would be a great vegetable with grilled chicken and fresh green beans.

Respected Contributor

The one with the salmon and capers on top interests me.  None of the others look like sandwiches.  Pretty enough though.

Esteemed Contributor

Yum.  I like it.🍞

Cogito ergo sum
Valued Contributor

I think they are beautiful. I would be so impressed if someone went to the trouble to make one for me!

Honored Contributor

@house_cat

Thank you for posting the website and photos. I like this idea and found several recipes. 

These are something different for certain occasions. 

Make ahead of time, less stress.

You’re limited only by your imagination as to what filling to use for the sandwiches.

Decorating the outside adds extra flavors.

Thank you.

Respected Contributor

@ECBG  No extra protein is needed.  Contains lots of eggs.  I served it with a nice green salad.

Honored Contributor

Who has time to make that?

Valued Contributor

Around the time my friends & I were getting married, these sandwiches were the rage. We had a bakery in town that would make a white loaf of bread and whatever other color of the wedding. My friend had purple for her main color, and then you would alternate the white and purple lengthwise slices and use egg sald, tuna salad, cheese and maybe chicken salad or whatever combo you liked. Then we frosted it with cream cheese and sprinkle parsley over the top. We loved them!

cookin

Trusted Contributor

Very interesting and pretty!  I would love to try one out somewhere!!  Could be good at a bridal or baby shower!Woman Wink