Respected Contributor

SPURTLE SET - Anyone have it?

Is the wood easy to clean?

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Respected Contributor

Re: SPURTLE SET - Anyone have it?

They’re easy enough to hand wash in the sink. I prefer the silicon ones as they can go in the dishwasher.
Frequent Contributor

I have both, the wooden and silcone .... I always reach for the silcone set first.

Honored Contributor

I love wood anything for cooking! My mom used wood spoons, so I was used to it. I spent a lot of years buying wood spoons at gourmet kitchen stores. When I saw spurtles for the first time I ordered them (full size). I use them all of the time. I also ordered the silicone set, but I use the wood ones more. 

I just ordered the mini wood one today.

I hand wash my wood ones, and I've never had a problem with cleaning them or stains on them.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I do love having SOME wood utensils, but I prefer a very nice quality olivewood.  Wood does require more care, if you are into taking care of things, so each time I use one I wash it and dry it immediately, then treat it with some Boos Board Cream.

I have a set of the silicone Spurtles.   Funny thing is, there is only one of them that I use.  it's a smaller piece that is long-ish and narrow.  It's perfect for scraping out bottles/jars of the last of the product (I just finished a peanut butter this morning with it!).

I love that one piece and hope it lasts as long as I do.  Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

They take up a lot of drawer space and I found i rarely used them so I pitched them.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Oh, yes, they clean up quite easily. Can't leave them in water to soak, so you have to wash them right away. I think I may try a little butcher block oil on mine from time to time. I don't use them as much as I expected, since they are a bit thick and clumsy, but they are nice to work with and a good size for kids.

Trusted Contributor

I bought the silicone.  I haven't used them once.  Wasted money.

Super Contributor

I have a set of two wooden spurtles that were offered when the product first came to QVC.  To clean, I just rinse under very hot water and use a kitchen brush if necessary.  I don't ever need to use soap.  I dry them with a towel immediately.  With anything wood, you don't want to let them soak in water as that can damage the wood.

Honored Contributor

I love wooden spoons to cook with.  I purchased the first wooden spurtle set and two of them split.