Honored Contributor

I would like your comments if you own silicone bakeware.  Baking with it, clean up, etc.  Thanks. Cat Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Bought it a long time ago, didn't like it, don't have one piece of it now.  It is flabby, you have to put it on another pan, it stains and is difficult to clean, and the baked goods seem more steamed than baked.
But that's just my experience. 

Honored Contributor

I bought a loaf pan and only used it a few times.  I dont use it anymore, its stains, hard to wash.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

If it's anything like the baking mats, you will never get the oil slick off it.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner   What does it stain?

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

We've got a red mini muffin silicone bakeware piece.

It works well if you spray with cooking spray and place on a baking sheet.

The muffins pop right out and no mess.

I would not recommend silicone for those who do not want to use a secondary bake sheet every time. Not doing so could result in injury.

Respected Contributor

I love these, I've used them for several years without any problems.  I fill them on a sheet pan. 

41JTWehfNTL._AC_UL369_SR285,369_QL65_.jpg

Honored Contributor

I have 4 silicone baking sheets and love them for baking cookies.   My red baking sheets are probably 6-7 years old and still look new.   

The natural property of silicone baking sheets is an oiliness to their surface- - -that is the nonstick feature of the baking sheet.  That oiliness is not supposed to wash off!   All the baking sheets need are a quick wash with soapy dish water, a rinse with clear water and that’s it.   You do not use anything stronger than dish detergent on them.   If you are not aware that silicone baking sheets are going to always have that slick, oily feel, which is normal, then you don’t understand silicone bakeware.   

I only use my silicone baking sheets for cookies; not pizza or pizza bites, or chili cheese fries, etc., which is when you are most likely to see staining, or even blistering on the sheets.   Stained or blistered silicone is still safe to use, although not pretty to look at.   

Valued Contributor

I  have a little black boat that I use every day to cook eggs. 

I also use it to reheat just about anything in the microwave. 

I have 2 rectangular ones I use also. 

No staining.

I love them.

Respected Contributor

I use the "pyramid" baking mats I bought from the Q all the time to roast all kinds of veggies on, but I do put them on a cookie sheet for rigidity, of course.  I just wash them in the dishwasher, and they've never stained, not even when baking bell peppers or eggplant with pesto and Parmesan sprinkled on them.  I've also used the silicone muffin tin liners, in a muffin tin, to back muffins and cupcakes, and I wash them in the dishwasher, too, no problems.