Honored Contributor

I bought myself a box today at Walmart and watch out they're hard and dry I had to microwave the caramels I was afraid I'd break off a tooth or pull out a crown. Sent them a message, too. Pay 9.98 for box of Val. candy and it's all so hard you can't eat it. Pitbull would have to gnaw that stuff. LOL

going back to Dove or Whitman's

Respected Contributor

@SharkE   Heaven knows when that stuff was actually made.  I'm fussy about my chocolate (love it), so I only buy Waggoner's through ShopHQ.  They send it directly to me from Waggoner's, which is only about 45 minutes away.

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

Love Russell Stover chocolates.  So sorry!

Esteemed Contributor

At Walgreens yesterday -  boxes of Valentine candy were being unloaded.  Moving Christmas candy off shelves as they progressed.   Always wonder if.......... off the shelf stuff..... just gets wheeled to the back room for next year.  lol 

Honored Contributor

I don't even buy them any more.  They have not been the same for several years now, and yes, I have gotten old ones as well.

Honored Contributor

Whenever I go to Southwest Colorado, I make a beeline for the Russell Stover factory in Montrose.  They have a big plant and on the front of the property is a building the size of a supermarket.  This is the outlet store.  They have every candy you could imagine, but I've never bought any that wasn't fresh so @SharkE  what you got must. have really been old.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@SharkEAnother old brand that, like Cushman's under discussion elsewhere, is not nearly as good as it once was.  Even fresh, not worth the calories, sugar, and fat to me.

They've help me deal with my chocolate addiction, so TY to RS!

Honored Contributor

Do Russell Stover boxes have "best by" dates?

Esteemed Contributor

@SharkE   My standby chocolate is Hershey's. If you have an Aldi try their Moser Roth German chocolate. It's like good Belgium chocolate and & under $2. A bar that had multiple bars inside. DELICIOUS!

Honored Contributor

yeah, even said 01june20, but, I had to microwave after I got my front teeth caught in the carmel. LOL

Should had bought whitman's they're fresh I bought back at Xmas and they were good.   Zachary's is horrible cheap choc and I can't eat dark choc gives me diarrhea. LOL

Wanted to treat myself to some fresh Val candy and pay full price because all that will be left over when they mark it down will be the 99cent stuff

so I pay full price and still hard as a rock.   

We girls gotta have our choc . LOL   Make my own, I guess. sigh.....