Honored Contributor

Rubbermaid Freshworks Containers - Thumbs Up!

Has anyone else tried these?  I usually buy bigger boxes of Spring Mix salad and fresh berries at Costco, but I always end up tossing some of all of them before I can use them up - truly cash in the trash.  I bought a couple of larger sized Rubbermaid Freshworks containers and transferred the salad mix and strawberries a week ago and they are still super fresh.  The containers are sturdy and are better than the Debbie Meyer green containers, IMO.  I will probably get a couple more in other sizes for other berries.

Valued Contributor

Re: Rubbermaid Freshworks Containers - Thumbs Up!

Funny -- I was thinking just today that I have to tell all my friends about them.  They are fabulous -- and I have tried every similar product out there.  These are the best by far!

Honored Contributor

I have been using them all Summer and I think they are great, they keep my berries and cherries fresh much long time without them

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Super Contributor

I bought one last week and just now took it out to make a salad and the salad is perfect and not wilted or brown. I also buy the bags of spring mix or baby lettuce and have had to throw away some or all of bags from spoiling before the use by date. I am just thrilled with this. I saw it at the grocery last week and grabbed it on a whim. Funny you should post this today just as I made my salad!

Honored Contributor

Got a set of them at Costco months ago, it had a larger one and two smaller. A head of lettuce fits in the larger and stays fresh for quite a while. Much better than any lettuce keeper I've ever tried.

I think they're great.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Trusted Contributor

Besides Costco, where else can you buy them?

Esteemed Contributor

@sandraskates wrote:

@sandraskates

Just read about hese and just ordered a set from Amazon.

Thank you, @JeanLouiseFinch!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sandraskates wrote:

@sandraskates -  I bought mine from a supermarket called Meijer.  I'm guessing you could try Walmart, Target, or Amazon.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks to all of you for your input.  I've been on the fence about these for over a month.  I am now gonna get off of the fence & get a set!  

~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~
Contributor

Sams Club and Bed Bath & beyond carry them. 2 large ones at Sams are 14.98.