Esteemed Contributor

@Goodie2shoes wrote:

@nana59  wrote: where do you buy keto cups....i'd like to try them.....thank you....

I initially bought them from HSN but they no longer sell them so I found them on Amazon.com. They are called No Sugar Keto cups. 1 g net carbs. They come in a box of about 30, several chocolate flavors and they are awesome and satisfy my daily chocolate cravings and fit into my diabetic diet.  Hope you like them.

thank you!

Trusted Contributor

@Queen of shop     Wow, I do remember Thomas' Date Nut Loaf.  I never heard of  B&M bread in a can.  But my mom used to buy Thomas' Date Nut loaf and it was so good with cream cheese on it.  Where we live, we have ShopRite and Foodtown grocery stores.

The local Foodtown sells Neumans Date Nut Bread.  It is just like Thomas date nut bread. Thanks for the yummy memory.  

Honored Contributor

@Love orchids wrote:

@chickenbutt   I like the Simply Fruit apricot with peanut butter on toast.  There are stretches of time when they don't have it in the store here also,  I Usually keep a spare on hand.  I also use it in an apricot chicken recipe which cuts down on the sugar.

My fav for the apricot is on a nice Jewish rye toast with butter and the apricot jam.   But I'll take it with my Dave's Killer Bread Good Seed, too.  Smiley Happy

It's been a number of months, but I've gotten them from Walmart.  Actually., I seldom actually go to Walmart but I've ordered them online, mostly the strawberry since I use that one the  most, in sets of 3 or 6 jars (for those unfamiliar, these are fairly small jars).

I really hope it doesn't go away.   My grocery store carries a lot of the Smuckers products but they seem to have dropped the 'Simply Fruit' line.  Smiley Sad

Trusted Contributor

Rice-A-Roni in every flavor! Once my favorite side dish. I also remember the BBQ Shake and Bake. Often had the Pork Chop Shake and Bake with Rice-a-Roni!

Tuna Helper and Hamburger Helper were my daughter's favorite foods in grade school. Beefaroni and Dinty Moore Stew, also. And the Chef Boyardi Pizza kit.

Anyone remember the La Choy Chinese dinners in a double can? My ex and I ate those when first married. Chicken Chow Mein and, I think, chop suey.

I toast B&M Brown bread before I put butter AND cream cheese on it! Woman Wink

Also great with baked beans and hot dogs. A favorite Saturday night dinner in my American-Irish household as a child.

Dream Whip on pudding and strawberry shortcake before Cool Whip was invented. Fish sticks and Spaghetti-O's.

Fun thread!

Honored Contributor

@candyagain wrote:

Anyone remember the La Choy Chinese dinners in a double can? My ex and I ate those when first married. Chicken Chow Mein and, I think, chop suey.

Fun thread!

I remember those!  It's been decades, but I found them quite enjoyable.

Trusted Contributor

Oh, boy, I do remember most of the things you all have mentioned. And nope, I don't miss any of them. How about Miracle Whip! I wonder if that's still around? And small jars of dried beef (and using the glass jars for breakfast juice)? And Bosco? And Vienna sausages in those little cans? And great big cans of pure white Crisco or Spry? Barely food at all. 

Respected Contributor
There’s rice-a-roni and Shake and Bake in my pantry right now. We eat them regularly. How else would I feed my family pork chops?
Regular Contributor

@retiredatlast wrote:

I remember Thomas' Date & Nut loaf - was really good with cream cheese.  Anyone remember Jello 123?  It was a package of Jello that separated into 3 layers on it's own after you mixed it.  It was in the era of the famous jello molds that everyone made in the 70"s.  This was supposed to be a short cut version that you poured into glasses and you got 3 layers- a bottom clear one, a milkier one in the middle and a foamier one on the top.  Never really liked it, but this topic got me thinking about it, since a number of family members made it for dessert once in a while.

I loved jello 123! My mom made it a lot! My favorite was the middle layer. 
I buy Chicken low sodium Rice a Roni, my son who is a picky eater loves it. 
Recently craved Hamburger Helper Cheeseburger so I bought a box and made it for myself. I do it about once every 3 or 4 years. 
As a kid I loved Libby land TV dinners. 

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@sophiesofers wrote:

@Queen of shop     Wow, I do remember Thomas' Date Nut Loaf.  I never heard of  B&M bread in a can.  But my mom used to buy Thomas' Date Nut loaf and it was so good with cream cheese on it.  Where we live, we have ShopRite and Foodtown grocery stores.

The local Foodtown sells Neumans Date Nut Bread.  It is just like Thomas date nut bread. Thanks for the yummy memory.  

Oh wow! I have Shop Rite and Foodtown where I live too. I will def check for Neumans Date Nut Bread. Thanks!Heart

Valued Contributor

I love Rice-A-Roni, and Hubby loves Mary Kitchen's Corned Beef Hash...

I make a meal with both of those items (not together, however), at least 2 or 3 times a month.