New Contributor

Review Alex by Dash Flip Bundt Cake Maker

I'd like to purchase the Flip Bundt Cake Maker, but there are no reviews. Has anyone purchased this item and if so, would you recommend?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Review Alex by Dash Flip Bundt Cake Maker

[ Edited ]

never heard of it!  i'll try googling....just googled...none are described as 'flip.'

Super Contributor

Go to amazon and type in dash flip bundt cake maker.  You will find a few reviews.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@karlam wrote:

Go to amazon and type in dash flip bundt cake maker.  You will find a few reviews.

just did...i still don't see one with 'flip'in the description....so i guess you don't have to flip it! or maybe it's too late in the day for me!!

Esteemed Contributor

The item # is K51473. It has a 1.9 star rating from 12 reviews. 

It seems like other than the two who rated it four stars most were not too happy with it. Sorry it's not better news.

Valued Contributor

@CaliforniaBabe - Everytime I have seen this item presented the batter leaks out of the machine when they flip it.  You're supposed to wait a few minutes before flipping but it stilll happened.  Not a good product in my opinion.  The other thing I didn't like was in order to clean it you just wipe it out.  Not sanitary.

Esteemed Contributor

I love Alex Guarnaschelli. I love Dash products. I looooove Bundt cakes. But every time they present this item, all I can think is WHY? It probably does take less time than using your oven and a Bundt pan, but the results have just not seemed that impressive to me.

New Contributor

Thank You for your response. i clicked on the review option, but for some reason it doesn't work for me. So I cannot read the reviews. I'll hop over to amazon and read the reviews there. I generally like the Dash products, but if this one doesn't perform well, no need to purchase. I can certainly find something else to purchase.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

I love Alex Guarnaschelli. I love Dash products. I looooove Bundt cakes. But every time they present this item, all I can think is WHY? It probably does take less time than using your oven and a Bundt pan, but the results have just not seemed that impressive to me.

I thought the same thing.  It would take less time and bother to just use your oven

Esteemed Contributor

I've made a lot of bundt cakes in my day and they are so easy! Use Crisco to grease, flour on top of that, bake, cool, loosen the edges with a knife and flip! You definitely don't need a special appliance and a mess!