Respected Contributor

Re: Review Alex by Dash Flip Bundt Cake Maker

I’m sure it would be lots of fun both times I use it.
Honored Contributor

I don't know why people are hesitant to use their ovens.  We use ours all the time.  

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

EDIT:  I tried it.  Found recipies at allrecipes.com that the ingredients can be adjusted down.  Chose 6 serving from 12.  Made a fresh lemon bundt cake.  It came out great with one exception.....I cooked it for 13 minutes.....about 3 minutes too long for the outside...a bit burnt and inside still needed a few minutes more....so I stuck it in the microwave for 1 minute.  Sprinkled with powdered sugar.  It tastes great.  Nothing leaked out the sides...nothing left inside so just a wipe out and but lifter does need washing.  It's odd that doing a Google search the only place it comes up is on qvc and pintrest.  Not on dash....not on amazon.

I just received mine.  Planned on giving it to my 11 yr old granddaughter since she loves to cook. It was supposed to come with recipe cards.   None in the box.  It isn't on the dash home website so no recipies.  Called qvc customer service.  She had no idea other than sending another one which is stupid when they could just send or email me the recipies.  She is looking into it.  It may or may not go back depending on what happens.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@craftygater1 wrote:

EDIT:  I tried it.  Found recipies at allrecipes.com that the ingredients can be adjusted down.  Chose 6 serving from 12.  Made a fresh lemon bundt cake.  It came out great with one exception.....I cooked it for 13 minutes.....about 3 minutes too long for the outside...a bit burnt and inside still needed a few minutes more....so I stuck it in the microwave for 1 minute.  Sprinkled with powdered sugar.  It tastes great.  Nothing leaked out the sides...nothing left inside so just a wipe out and but lifter does need washing.  It's odd that doing a Google search the only place it comes up is on qvc and pintrest.  Not on dash....not on amazon.

I just received mine.  Planned on giving it to my 11 yr old granddaughter since she loves to cook. It was supposed to come with recipe cards.   None in the box.  It isn't on the dash home website so no recipies.  Called qvc customer service.  She had no idea other than sending another one which is stupid when they could just send or email me the recipies.  She is looking into it.  It may or may not go back depending on what happens.

@craftygater1 : Just a suggestion: Since you tried it with modified recipes- make a cookbook for your granddaughter. You could use a three ring binder , the plastic protector sheets and customized tabs. Or purchase a special recipe binder.

I live in the south and during the summer very hot to use the oven. I just recently discovered the BabyCakes Cupcake Maker. I went on different sites to read all of the reviews and people had mixed reviews because it was like very bad product or the best thing ever. I am 67 years old and DH gave this to me Christmas. I am really having fun with my "toy". It is so quick and easy to make cupcakes, muffins, biscuits, special breakfast muffins. DH prefers brownies made in this.

XXX: I just checked the Qvc product detail page. Information in the questions and answers: recipe cards not received: Call and request them from Dash : 1-800-898-6970. Machine : use two cups of batter. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SouthernBee wrote:

@craftygater1 wrote:

@craftygater1 : Just a suggestion: Since you tried it with modified recipes- make a cookbook for your granddaughter. You could use a three ring binder , the plastic protector sheets and customized tabs. Or purchase a special recipe binder.

I live in the south and during the summer very hot to use the oven. I just recently discovered the BabyCakes Cupcake Maker. I went on different sites to read all of the reviews and people had mixed reviews because it was like very bad product or the best thing ever. I am 67 years old and DH gave this to me Christmas. I am really having fun with my "toy". It is so quick and easy to make cupcakes, muffins, biscuits, special breakfast muffins. DH prefers brownies made in this.

A Little off topic:

I agree a cookbook is a great idea..Years ago when my boys moved in to their own places..I made a cookbook of all their favorites.

They still have them and their wives have used them many times. 

Of course if you make 1 make an extra copy just in case..I learned the hard way!Smiley Frustrated

Honored Contributor

@Jo1313 : Totally agree and understand. I made a special recipe book  for daughter . If I try something new- always make extra copy for when she visits but also send the recipe in an email. Before Valentines Day sent her and grandkids order from Walmart because they had the BabyCakes cupcake maker at a better price than Amazon. I was able to include the groceries for making cupcakes, muffins, little decorating kit . I text them that WalMart would be making a special delivery. They said best gift ever. I found the BabyCakes special recipe books on EBay and sent them. I told daughter that I purchased the like new books and hope they would be acceptable. She replied the books looked new.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@craftygater1 wrote:

@craftygater1 : While researching the Bundt cake maker found this on Amazon: also cheaper on WalMart less than $11.ABA78ECB-92CF-47A5-9445-B4D0EDC862FC.jpeg

Respected Contributor

@CaliforniaBabe wrote:

Thank You for your response. i clicked on the review option, but for some reason it doesn't work for me. So I cannot read the reviews. I'll hop over to amazon and read the reviews there. I generally like the Dash products, but if this one doesn't perform well, no need to purchase. I can certainly find something else to purchase.  Smiley Happy

@CaliforniaBabe, There are 29 reviews and they are not great. You might want to try another browser. Sometimes that works to see the reviews. I just typed in Bundt in the QVC" What can we help you discover" space at the top and it came right up. One person said that they tried meatloaf in it and the paint on the exterior bubbled up. Woman Mad

Honored Contributor

Just watched the video---my question is-----WHY!!!!!!!! IMO,  a really silly invention---baking a bundt cake in a normal bundt pan is not a hard thing to do!!! And WHY is Alex hawking such a ridiculous thing------amazing!!! Woman Frustrated