Not applicable

Returns on cookware that have a lifetime warranty?

I have several cook's essentials cookware and also Ultrex cookware sets. They are all taking a toll and starting to peal. Qvc did credit my acccount for the cook's essentials set from 2012, however, since they could not find any ultrex cookware that I ordered, the representative stated qvc would futher investigate. Well I'm sure because it has been several years ago. Both types of cookware offer a Lifetime Warranty on their cookware including Emeril Lagassy. All of his cookware is also scratching and peeling. Anyone else having problems or complaints about getting life time warranty items replaced?

Member since 1999

Honored Contributor

Re: Returns on cookware that have a lifetime warranty?

ultrex was the other channel and long gone

just chuck it

Honored Contributor

I have purchased many pieces of hard anodized cookware from QVC that have a lifetime warranty. I have come to believe that the warranty is a gimmick. My cookware has lost most of it's scratch proof coating, especially the fry pans and a few sauce pans as well.

Customer Service promises they will refund, replace or make some other good faith gesture, but it never happens.

I do what they want me to do, even through they don't say it. I just throw it away and buy another better brand.

Honored Contributor

A friend of mine recently dealt with QVC regarding cookware warranty. She provided information stamped on the cookware, they verified her purchase, then credited her account for the amount she had originally paid for the cookware, since the set is no longer available. It took about 2 weeks for the credit to show up on her account.
Honored Contributor

Diane, I don't have an answer to your question but just wanted to say that you really shouldn't put your e-mail address in your post.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Looks like this might just be another one of those 'hit and run' deal but if not -

1) As mentioned, Ultrex came from hsn, not QVC so of course QVC cannot help you with that junk. I agree to just toss it. That company went out of business, IIRC, and part of the problem was their lack of customer service - along with the fact that they sold inferior products.

2) I have quite a number of pieces from both Technique and Cook's Essentials lines. They have lasted very well over the years, but I take care of them properly and I think that makes a huge difference.

I did have one Cook's Essentials pan (a small saucepan) that started to peel around one of the rivets so I contacted QVC and they could not have been more helpful. They told me where to send the pan and what information to include. Within a week I got a phone call from the warranty people who very politely advised me that that pan was no longer available but offered me two choices of replacement pieces. I ended up with a majorly upgraded pot that I still use today. It also introduced me to the Technique Hard Anodized II line (their best line ever, IMO) and I purchased more pieces in that line. They are all still like new after a number of years.

I've seen so many people here comment that they were taken care of per the warranty, so the remarks that they don't are alarming especially since I had my own excellent experience. I'm not a QVC cheerleader, either. I have complaints about plenty of junky products they sell, but I never found their cookware lines to meet that criteria, nor their customer service.

I think it's just - well, never mind what I think.

Honored Contributor

I don't remember who was speaking - it wasn't on a shopping channel - but I heard a chef say there is absolutely no such things as non-stick which will not eventually scratch. I'm glad to hear QVC gave OP a credit for her QVC-purchased CE since they say it won't lose it's non-stick. I have two large heavy pans from CE. Someone in the house used an electric beater in the pan I boil potatoes in and it did scratch. It's still non-stick, but looks awful; I think using a beater probably negates the warranty and if it doesn't, IMO it should. I haven't complained.

About the other set - I sure wish all the people who write huge headlines blaming a company for a problem knew which company was at fault. Emeril's HSN line got a bad write up from a consumer magazine years ago and apparently that's what OP has. No idea how his QVC line is doing as far as holding up, but I'm not buying so I don't watch him anyway.

Hope OP calls HSN and gets back to us to tell us whether they also honored the warranty if it even had one.

Honored Contributor

Ultrex wasn't an Emeril line. It was an 'Art Krull' line. Yeah, nobody else ever heard of him either. Smiley Happy

Last I heard he was out there somewhere hawking some other junk but he, along with his Ultrex line, left hsn some time ago.

Honored Contributor

OP should be happy she got a refund for her CE cookware