Respected Contributor

If you buy commercially made rubs and spice blends, what do you consider the best tasting to buy??

I've seen a lot of reviews for Tatonka Dust, never tried it. Anybody here try it?? What about Riekers Magic Dust??

Or maybe you have a homemade rub you'd share!! Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Re: If you buy commercially made rubs and spice blends, what do you consider the best tasting to buy??

Looking for an all purpose for beef, pork, and chicken.

Trusted Contributor

Re: If you buy commercially made rubs and spice blends, what do you consider the best tasting to buy??

I haven't heard of the ones you mentioned but Penzeys do some great mixes. Some of my faves are Northwoods, Ruth's Muskegon and Foxpoint.
Trusted Contributor

Penzey's is the best! Many blends, most salt free, as well as single spices available. Usually need half as much as grocery store spices.
Honored Contributor

Honestly, it's so easy to just make your own and you can gear them to your own palate. I create blends geared toward certain things and I can know exactly what's in there and make them exactly the way I like.

But if I were going to buy blends (well, I do buy taco seasoning there), I'd go with Penzey's. They always have quality products and are an excellent company.

Honored Contributor

Another vote for Penzey's!

Super Contributor

Love penzey's!

Honored Contributor

I like Penzeys a lot. There is a store within walking distance.

I also like the sets Rachael Ray sells. I have two sets and use them a lot. The poultry rub, the lemon and the 24/7 I use a LOT. You grind them right as you use them, so they are extra strong.

Honored Contributor

Penzey's

Honored Contributor

I like The Spice House even better, especially for rubs. They have some very unique blends.

Galena Street Rib Rub, Quebec Beef Spice, Milwaukee Iron Seasoning...just to name a few.