Honored Contributor

Re: Restaurants: BREAKFAST!!

@Sooner wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@Sooner 

I would prefer to sit there with a glass of tea than have breakfast. 

@ECBG Well you are the first anti-breakfast person I've met!  Good that we have choices in life.  Woman Very Happy

I  am not a breakfast person.  I don't eat cereal, pancakes, waffles, muffins, danish or toast and I don't drink coffee.....ever. I have celiac disease.

The only thing left is eggs, sausage, bacon and fruit.  I'd rather go without.  

There is a restaurant/ B&B in Cape May, NJ that serves scrambled eggs with cream cheese and salmon.  Now, that I will eat.  It is good with crab instead of salmon too.

Honored Contributor

@Carmie How about grits (polenta?) and eggs?  I am an egg lover from way back.  Never had grits until I went to California.  Where I come from I never saw them.

I'm glad there are more options available now for people!  

Respected Contributor

Eating breakfast in a wonderful diner is a great life experience!

Breakfast is my favorite meal.

Respected Contributor

I love breakfast.  Most days it's simple, banana, or cereal or yogurt.  I love breakfast for dinner occasionally.  Today we are going to a brunch.  Won't be eating dinner no doubt.  It's for a special occasion, so it will be a nice meal.  They have an omelet station, and a waffle bar.  Yum.  

Honored Contributor

Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day.  I actually find it a wonderful treat to eat breakfast for dinner once in a while!

A lot of people must love breakfast items around where I live because we have lots of diners and restaurants that serve breakfast items from opening to closing.

Then there's one of my favorites, First Watch, which only serves breakfast & brunch items on the menu.   They are crowded any time of day we go there.  

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Carmie How about grits (polenta?) and eggs?  I am an egg lover from way back.  Never had grits until I went to California.  Where I come from I never saw them.

Nah, too much trouble.  Breakfast has never interested me, even as a child.  I do not really like to eat anything in the mornings.

I find that once I eat something, then I am hungry for the rest of the day.  I try to only eat once a day, which is usually dinner. Occasionally, I will eat a light lunch.

I can put on weight real fast eating very little.

Esteemed Contributor

I live in an area where 55+ is the norm. 

Many of the retirees go out for a late big breakfast

Later in the morning and eat a big (Earlybird specials) early dinner and may have a late snack!

This not only works, but it is cheaper than 3 meals!

Village Inn is always busy!

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

Nah, too much trouble.  Breakfast has never interested me, even as a child.  I do not really like to eat anything in the mornings.

I find that once I eat something, then I am hungry for the rest of the day.  I try to only eat once a day, which is usually dinner. Occasionally, I will eat a light lunch.

I can put on weight real fast eating very little.

@Carmie I am the opposite.  If I don't eat within an hour after I get up, at least something, I am in danger of a migraine headache.  Bright lights, artificial sweeteners, and lack of sleep are all triggers too.

I almost always have bran flakes and fat-free milk, or and egg and home made whole wheat toast.  I make the bran flakes up in little individual food containers ahead of time--like you, NOT up for "trouble" when I get up.

Honored Contributor

Being allergic to egg whites and milk, I don't eat traditional breakfast foods in the morning.  When I have early appts and have to eat something, my go to is peanut butter on toast or graham crackers, a strudel or pop tart.   My fast food go to is plain sausage on an english muffin from McD's.  At a diner I order a BLT or a hamburger and fries.  My stomach is happy with a hot dog or hamburger for breakfast.  

Breakfast for supper is quite popular in this house.  #1 choice is biscuits and gravy with sausage, pork chop, beef or pork cube steak.  2nd choice is french toast with bacon, ham, or sausage.  Occasionally someone is in the mood for a waffle.  

My preference is to always eat at home.  Right now our county has 1 employee to do ALL health inspections, so none of the local restaurants are being inspected on a regular  schedule, which only reinforces my need to eat at home.   

Respected Contributor

I grew up in NJ.  The meca of diners.  Breakfast 24/7. I like breakfast and don't mind eating it for lunch and dinner.  Where I live now, there are many breakfast/brunch restaurants opened until 2 pm  In 2016 when we were checking out the area to move here, we ate at one.  For 3 of us, the bill came out to $60!  WE each ordered a meal and a drink and these little beignet type things to share.  The food was good, nothing special.  We never went back.