Honored Contributor

How are resturants in your area when you go out to lunch?

In the last 3 years here, restaurants some have gone to such a large breakfast menu that non breakfast choices are very sparse.

I can't eat breakfast items through 2 pm and be able to make it to dinner.  If it did hold me the fat count would be unacceptable.  I also prefer salad and sandwiches  to breakfast items.

You may like breakfast unlike me.  Breakfast needs to be ended by 10 am (ish) in my book.  I saw 2 entire pages of breakfast items today with 5 choices that were lunch.  I saw the same thing the other day when I met a friend at another restaurant.

YES, I have complained.

Respected Contributor

Re: Restaurants: BREAKFAST!!

I haven't noticed that at all, unless its a breakfast type of place.

My favorite lunch spot is a sushi place so not much chance of that heppening there.

Honored Contributor

With staffing shortages, many cafes around here serve from 7am to 2pm. The focus is definitely on the breakfast items although there are sandwiches, salads and a few daily specials.

Trusted Contributor

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG Don't be too hard on breakfast!Woman Wink

A chicken salad sandwich can easily run 400 to 1200 calories, not counting sides.  And salads with lots of ingredients and dressing can be right up there with a biscuit or sausage patty!  

And don't even talk about that basket of rolls or crackers!  YIKES!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

99% of the time I'm still fasting in the AM and don't eat anything until sometime between noon and 1:00.  Most of the time I cook at home since DH is still working.  If we happen to eat out, neither of us have any problems finding suitable choices on the menues of places we go.  It could be bacon & eggs, a big salad w/ protein, naked (no breading) Buffalo wings, Italian beef, burgers on a lettuce bun.  No issues here. 

Honored Contributor

I live in a "diner" on every corner State w/24 hr breakfast.  No need for restaurants to have a "breakfast" menu.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@ECBG Don't be too hard on breakfast!Woman Wink

A chicken salad sandwich can easily run 400 to 1200 calories, not counting sides.  And salads with lots of ingredients and dressing can be right up there with a biscuit or sausage patty!  

And don't even talk about that basket of rolls or crackers!  YIKES!

@Sooner 

I would prefer a chicken salad anything to breakfast foods.  I never eat rolls or crackers in a restaurant.

Esteemed Contributor

Most of the places I go to lunch are not open for breakfast. Lunch and dinner menus are similar...but lunch menu might offer smaller portions at less cost.

Where we have our beach home, some places offer limited breakfast items...but again, most places don't open until 11 am.

I don't usually eat my first meal before 11 am and I could eat breakfast items at lunch or dinner time. Food is food.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

@kate2357 wrote:

Most of the places I go to lunch are not open for breakfast. Lunch and dinner menus are similar...but lunch menu might offer smaller portions at less cost.

Where we have our beach home, some places offer limited breakfast items...but again, most places don't open until 11 am.

I don't usually eat my first meal before 11 am and I could eat breakfast items at lunch or dinner time. Food is food.

@kate2357 wrote:

@kate2357 

At 12 pm or 1 pm, I don't want scrambled eggs or waffles.  I can do that at home.  

I also don't go out for breakfast.