Honored Contributor

Do you have to keep the dough in the refrigerator? Can't you go ahead and make them once they have risen ?

Trusted Contributor

I have a recipe that I have used for years where the dough rises in the refrigerator, not at room temp..... not too long to rise......and then after a couple of days or so, the dough takes on a sour dough taste without all of the trouble of starter and feeding the dough............Cool

The strength of the wolf is the pack, and the strength of the pack is the wolf.......
Honored Contributor

With the recipe I use, you can go ahead and make the rolls. The whole purpose of the recipe though is to have pre-mixed and ready dough in the refrigerator to make rolls quickly. The recipe I use will last 10 days in the refrigerator, and you can also add more sugar, and cinnamon to the recipe to use it for cinnamon rolls.

Honored Contributor

mine flopped big time. took dough out this morning and it never rose or if it did it flopped during the night. went ahead and formed into rolls, let rise, they did a tad is all and baked. hard as hockey pucks. No more refrigerator roll recipes for me. LOL

Honored Contributor

My refrigerator dough recipe: Stir together 1/2 cup sugar, 1/4 cup shortening, 1 egg, 2 tsp salt. Add 2 cups very warm water with 1 dissolved package of yeast, and 7 - 7 1/2 cups of all purpose flour. The only way this recipe will fail, is if the yeast water is too warm, or you add too much flour---the dough needs to still be a bit on the sticky side; not heavy and stiff. Usually this dough is quite puffy when you remove the lid, and when stored in Tupperware containers, it has been known to push the lid off inside the refrigerator from the yeast action. This is my easy go-to recipe for homemade bread.

Honored Contributor

Looks good, thanks !