Esteemed Contributor

Re: Refrigerator & Freezer Temperature

Just got a new Amana refrigerator.  It states to keep the digital number at "4" for both the freezer and fridge but doesn't give a temperature for the setting.

Contributor

SilleeMee can you tell me where you got those wireless temperature sensors? They sound really interesting & I've never heard of anything like that for home use.
Respected Contributor

I just bought a new home and the default settings for my GE fridge were 37 for fridge and 0 for freezer.  I've never changed it.

Honored Contributor

@mekhya wrote:
SilleeMee can you tell me where you got those wireless temperature sensors? They sound really interesting & I've never heard of anything like that for home use.

Sorry I didn't see your question soonerWoman Happy @mekhya.

This is the one I got from amazon:

AcuRite 00986A2 Refrigerator/Freezer Wireless Digital Thermometer - $27

shopping.jpg

Contributor

Thank you SilleeMee I will check it out.
Esteemed Contributor

@mekhya, in my state, for hospitals, long term care centers, and any type of restaurant, cafe, or other food service that serves the public, refrigerator temp must be 40° F plus or minus 2°, with the reading taken after the door has been closed at least 1 full hour.

Im positive about the range for the refrigerator temp.

Im not positive about freezer temp, but I think the acceptable range was 28°F - 32°F. Same thing about checking the temp when the door hasn't been opened.