Super Contributor

Lock & Lock - Good for freezing food?

I realize I am probably very late to the party with this question,  but never used it for freezing. Are they good for that purpose,  and do you recommend shapes that work better than others?

Thanks from an old broad.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Lock & Lock - Good for freezing food?

I have the rectangular and I freeze in them a lot.

Respected Contributor

It is good for freezing but since there is air inside the container along with your food, you will get ice on it after time.  

Also, don't drop the container right out of the freezer, they will crack (usually in the corner that hits the ground).

I use mine mainly for fresh food storage and in the refrigerator, but have some in the freezer for items that I use frequently but want to keep frozen.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Super Contributor

I use a round one for freezing "frozen cherries" from my grocery store. Works great. I put them on my yogurt almost every day, and my g'daughter knows g'ma always has frozen cherries on hand.

It's a big container, holds 2-3 pounds cherries, and they stay fine for at least 2-3 weeks, probably longer, but I never counted.  Agree with the earlier poster, be careful about dropping until the plastic thaws.

Esteemed Contributor

For long term freezing: Wrap food in a food-grade plastic, eliminating as much air as possible before placing in L&L and freezing. Air is the enemy of frozen food.
Honored Contributor

We freeze food in L&L all the time.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland