Respected Contributor

I went into Sam's Club today and found recyclable K-Cups..  I did not know these were in existence.  I don't remember reading anything  about them before.. Glad I found them though.  Label says to 'peel, empty and recycle'.

004.jpg

Respected Contributor

I buy Wegman's brand k cups and they are recyclable, too.

Respected Contributor

Many K-cups are "recyclable", but actually being able to recycle them depends on your local waste handling facility being WILLING to accept and recycle the cups.  Our local waste handling company will not do so.  So check with your local firm before you put a whole bunch of cups in your recycling bin.

Respected Contributor

Re: Recylclable K-Cups

[ Edited ]

@CamilleP wrote:

Many K-cups are "recyclable", but actually being able to recycle them depends on your local waste handling facility being WILLING to accept and recycle the cups.  Our local waste handling company will not do so.  So check with your local firm before you put a whole bunch of cups in your recycling bin.

Thanks for the info @CamilleP   I didn't know that either... I must be in the dark about everything nowadays!!  I need to get out more!

Respected Contributor

Glad I could help, KatieB.  We have heard a lot about how so much of our plastic recycling is just getting shipped to third world countries and dumped in open pits, instead of being melted and recycled into new plastic materials, and also, China now will not buy our plastics because they are so often contaminated with food residue and non-recyclable materials, so our waste handlers are now cracking down.  So because of our laxness about following proper recycling rules, now much American plastic is going straight into the landfull again.  Woman Sad

Valued Contributor

Many are if you peel off the top. Unfortunately where I live, Waste Management will no longer pick up any recyclable materials.