Honored Contributor

Recommendations For Stay Fresh Types Of Vegetable Bags?

Has anyone used these and had good results?  What do you prefer?  

Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Re: Recommendations For Stay Fresh Types Of Vegetable Bags?

[ Edited ]

I don't use bags, but I really like the E.G.G. things.

They used to sell them at QVC, as one of the products that Lori Greiner invented (which, like the rest of them, she didn't).  But I got mine from the guy in Wyoming who did come up with them.  Every year it's a small investment for replacement packs that go in them.

They make a HUGE difference for me.   It's just a plastic 'egg' that comes apart in the middle and you put a packet in it.  I'll have, for example, some apples in one of those produce bags from the store and I just put the E.G.G. in the bag, twist it closed and ley it in there with the end underneath so that it stays closed.   Doesn't have to be sealed up or anything.  

Sometimes I buy a banana for the bird.  He weighs less than a pound, so a banana will last a long time!   I put in a L&L with one of those egg things and it stays good for well over a week, stored on a cool surface in my laundry room (usually on top of the washer).   I buy them half-green, though, so that helps.

Apples last months for me with them.   I love winter citrus and put them in with those and they also last a very long time.  I just finished a couple of weeks ago a bag of those winter mandarins (you know the little ones that come in a net bag?).   Still good!  Smiley Happy   I'm picky, too.  Had to eat too much rotten and moldy food as a child, so I'm majorly neurotic about food freshness.

Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

I don't use bags, but I really like the E.G.G. things.

They used to sell them at QVC, as one of the products that Lori Greiner invented (which, like the rest of them, she didn't).  But I got mine from the guy in Wyoming who did come up with them.  Every year it's a small investment for replacement packs that go in them.

They make a HUGE difference for me.   It's just a plastic 'egg' that comes apart in the middle and you put a packet in it.  I'll have, for example, some apples in one of those produce bags from the store and I just put the E.G.G. in the bag, twist it closed and ley it in there with the end underneath so that it stays closed.   Doesn't have to be sealed up or anything.  

Sometimes I buy a banana for the bird.  He weighs less than a pound, so a banana will last a long time!   I put in a L&L with one of those egg things and it stays good for well over a week, stored on a cool surface in my laundry room (usually on top of the washer).   I buy them half-green, though, so that helps.

Apples last months for me with them.   I love winter citrus and put them in with those and they also last a very long time.  I just finished a couple of weeks ago a bag of those winter mandarins (you know the little ones that come in a net bag?).   Still good!  Smiley Happy   I'm picky, too.  Had to eat too much rotten and moldy food as a child, so I'm majorly neurotic about food freshness.

How do I find the product online?

Honored Contributor

@Carina@chickenbuttOn amazon, I found Blu Apple set of two.  Many, many reviews!  Thanks ladies!

Bluapple One-Year Combo Pack

Honored Contributor

Bed bath & beyond sells single apple pack for $9.99 and refills for $9.99.

I only use the packet (no reason to put them in apple). I date the packet & put one in veg bin works great!

i learned a really cool trick for bananas and I don't know why but it works.  I buy 3-4 at a time - when I get home I slice a small portion off the top of the bunch do not cut so they separate.  I have had these bananas since Sunday on counter and still perfect - no brown spots.

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

Bed bath & beyond sells single apple pack for $9.99 and refills for $9.99.

I only use the packet (no reason to put them in apple). I date the packet & put one in veg bin works great!

i learned a really cool trick for bananas and I don't know why but it works.  I buy 3-4 at a time - when I get home I slice a small portion off the top of the bunch do not cut so they separate.  I have had these bananas since Sunday on counter and still perfect - no brown spots.

@homedecor1,Thanks so much!  

Contributor

Thanks so much!!