Respected Contributor

I still enjoy her shows and presentations at the Q. I do not like pasta or burgers everyday but enjoy both sometimes and have used some of her recipes. I like my sauce just 'plopped' on top of the pasta , so we disagree about that . To each their own. Smiley Happy

I have never purchased her cookware but it is very attractive in IMO. The oval pan looks like a great idea. I think the bakeware is lovely !

Valued Contributor

She hasn't gotten as loud and crass as Paula Dean on Evine but she is working on it.

Trusted Contributor

Lalamommy, I couldn't agree more! The constant girl math comment makes me so angry! 

Talk about perpetuating a stereotype! What an insult to all the smart, capable women out there who are perfectly capable of doing Math at a very high level. How insulting and sexist.

Every time she says it I cringe.

Respected Contributor

I love her dishes. I have the Paisley set. It was a gift and they are amazing. I added a second set to have enough for guests. 

And I like her Cucina line. 

She really has a unique eye for color; those deep eggplants, blues and oranges are not the usual thing. I love them. I like the dusty blue she uses. 

Regular Contributor

I do not like her at all.  My friend, who likes her, had an extra ticket to her show.  She asked me if I would like to go so I said yes because it was a day out in New York and after the show we were going to have lunch and maybe do some shopping.  Rachael was rude to her staff.  She was not very friendly to the audience.  I think like others have said, she is so full of herself.  

Honored Contributor

Love RR.

Different strokes for different folks.

Oh, by the way, it's possible to express an opinion without saying unkind/subjective/insulting things. 

Have a great day! 😃!

Super Contributor

giddy up wrote:

She hasn't gotten as loud and crass as Paula Dean on Evine but she is working on it.

I love watching Paula Deen.  It's fun when one or both of her sons are on with her.   I sure miss Joan Rivers on QVC.  :-(  I really like David Dangle, but I still wish Joan were still around. 

Honored Contributor

@carol in NC wrote:

I adored her 30 minute meal shows. She was fresh and fun. Now she is crass and full of herself. On the show the other night the topic of prices better than QVC's came up. She flat out said "they are liars and they are not telling the truth". Calling customers liars  is a bit harsh. Think what you want, RR, but be careful about what comes out of your mouth.

She talks about NY, where she lives, referring to "upstate" and "the city" and doesn't take into consideration that if you are not from that area you won't now the local vernacular that she uses. While that is not a big deal in and of itself, it is indicative of her lack of perspective and consideration.

She is rude and interrupts hosts, talking over them constantly. When she first came onto the scene, I liked her. But I see a huge, egotistical change in her with a sense of entitlement. 

I wish she would tone it back down to warm and inviting. Until she does, I'll be avoiding her products. If she speaks with disdain about her customers she's not getting one single dollar bill out of this chef.

Huh? I thought everyone in America knew that NY is referred to as "The City" and/or The Big Apple.

Same think with upstate...

You may not like her, but those are really minor reasons.

She's actually from the North Country in the Adirondacks...as far from a NYC lifestyle as possible.

Honored Contributor

I really like Rachael Ray, and I love her cookware! We just purchased last month her TSV cookware, and my husband and I just love it. I have a few of her items and have been very pleased with them all.....I love watching her cook, and listening to the different recipes,etc. She does talk really fast, and she tends to talk over the QVC Host, but so do a few other vendors, if I like them and their product that will not stop me from watching or purchasing.....My husband does most of the cooking and he said Yes we are definitely getting more of Rachael's things!!!!!!!Her seasonings are fantastic too!  

Super Contributor

I lived in NY for 41 years, so I know what the city and upstate refer to. I have lived in other states where the same terms are used for other cities and rural areas. I stated that this wasn't a big deal, it's just a bit myopic.