Respected Contributor
On 2/7/2015 morning glory said:

She said she was hoarse from being at a concert. Rachel did a sell on those silicon lids that was like a comedy routine and I just was in awe. She is really good at selling her products and is very enjoyable.

I'm definitely not trying to make excuses for Rachael, but I believe she has had surgery on her vocal chords twice. The last time I saw her (before Christmas) she looked like a person who was taking steroids (puffy looking face, weight gain). I have to wonder if she doesn't have some kind of chronic throat problem that requires her to take steroids at times. Just a speculation on my part. She does seem much more over the top these days but if she is in fact taking steroid medication, I can relate, lol. And I don't think she would offer that info on the Q. I'm trying to give her the benefit of the doubt.
Esteemed Contributor

What a busy lady she is -- she needs to clone herself. I'd like to see her slow down, for her own well being

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Respected Contributor

Yes, her pans can be large, but the set I got the enamel Cucina set, which has a small sauce pan and a large sauce pan and I actually use those two more often. The large sauce pan is big enough to cook a 1 1/2 ounce pasta serving (I like that Barilla Plus high protein angel hair. Done in 6 min and very tasty.) The set also has a small saute pan and a high sided saute pan. I'm quite happy with these and I even tossed my previous pots because these work well.

I have the orange--very sunny and pretty. The flared rims make pouring easy.

Honored Contributor

Bird...I agree.

Esteemed Contributor
On 2/9/2015 The Bird said:
On 2/7/2015 kittymomNC said:

... Anyone who helps animals in need is A+ in my book!

This statement to me is ABSURD. Every show she is supporting cruel slaughter and torture of animals to put those neat little steaks on her grill, to then encourage you to support the torture by going to your supermarket to buy the same product and cook it on your stove and feed it to your family. The cow trembling in fear amidst blood-curdling screams while she watches those before her have their feet cut off, hung on a hook and skinned, some still alive. Are these sentient beings not the most "in need?"

They play, feel joy, immense sorrow, fear and terror, and the "help" they get from animal lovers is being cut or ground up and put on a plate or worn on the feet.

I'm not a vegan but please don't call yourself or anyone else who supports this industry someone who "helps" animals because they choose to feed a dog. - Bird

So because some people choose to eat meat or fish on occasion, we should also let all the homeless dogs and cats starve to death? That's so very humanitarian. Tell that to Sarah P who was on a video laughing while a live turkey had it's head shoved into a grinder right behind her!

And don't bother responding, because I won't be reading it.

Esteemed Contributor
I watch he show a couple of times a week, and she has been strange on the Q. I thought she was having a mini stroke, because it sounded like she was slurring her words. I also wish they would tidy her hair a little.
Respected Contributor
On 2/6/2015 Big Time said: Love her. I think she is tired. She had a little melt down. Got emotional and tears when talking about her Mom. Camera kept going off of her. Jane did well. Mally came out and gave her a hug. A human moment.

Did Rachael's mom pass away? If so, I haven't heard.

Super Contributor
On 2/9/2015 phoenixbrd said:

Bird...I agree.

Thanks, phoenixbrd. I think I wrote too strongly - I didn't mean to offend you kittymom, and I apologize. It's just that we have grown up in a society where we choose to ignore the huge realm of animal cruelty in this country because of our base desires to eat and wear them, but then consider our [unacklowledged] sins forgiven because we throw a compassionate bone to our animal species of choice.

I do totally believe in what I wrote, however, and have good reason for the triggers that start this stuff spewing from my mouth! Someday I will write about it. - Bird

Esteemed Contributor

I decided to come back to this thread only because I have something else to say. People make "assumptions" about others without knowing anything about them. When I do eat meat or poultry, which is not often, I try to buy what is produced in the most humanitarian way, even though it's more expensive.

I have an almost fanatical love of all animals, and yes, it's a choice to occasionally eat meat and poultry. Just wondering if you included fish in your diatribe, since they feel pain as well. And I don't wear fur, and don't usually wear any kind of leather, including shoes. I don't need expensive leather shoes and boots when other good options are available.

That post was written as though Rachel personally watches these cows being "tortured" and/or killed. And I have never thought that descriptions of the sort you gave are appropriate for these boards, even though they may be true. I've complained about several others on various forums. Most of us know that animals, chickens, etc. are not treated humanely in many circumstances, I just don't think it's necessary to describe it so blatantly here. I love cows, when I was little I had a jersey cow that I loved and it used to chase me up apple trees.

Now I will go through my day today with this horrible vision that you so eloquently painted in my mind.

Have you also posted the same kind of thing about David V, or any of the vendors who bring steaks, and chicken, etc. to QVC? Or is it just Rachel you wanted to attack? That post was offensive on many levels, and you knew that when you posted it. It's nice that you apologized, but I'm sorry, right now it just doesn't go very far with me.

Esteemed Contributor
My MIL and husband both dead of colon cancer were Vegatarians back in the 1940,s and earlier for her until they passed, her in the 60,s and him in the 90,s. They were not vegans. It was not popular back then and people laughed when I cooked Vega meals. Could not go out to eat, so we have come a long way. MY MIL would not wear anything that killed an animal. I do think dieing of colon cancer was strange. Not being a medical person, my opinion is the rich foods they ate. Lots of creams, butters, cheese, etc., just my opinion.