Respected Contributor
I liked her presentations when she first started out. Now she seems to be a bit manic and very different. She clearly pushes a lot of very unhealthy recipes and she herself has gained a lot of weight from eating unhealthy food.
Respected Contributor

I might eat meat, not all the time, but I certainly would not laugh at a turkey getting mangled. I don't have a problem with people being so upset by butchering and caging, that they won't eat meat. That is a moral decision on their part and I honor that. I raised animals (chickens, goats, sheep) so I have a different view on livestock, but it does require a harsher mindset, while remaining committed to humanely treating them as much as you can, realizing they are ending up on a table.

If someone hates the idea, then that's how they choose to live. I don't think railing out loud at others is right, nor tossing red paint on a woman's fur coat (while your shoes are leather) makes any sense--and it's vandalism and violence, the very thing you deplore.

So I appreciate the people here who are sensitive to the various attitudes, pro and con vegetarianism. For me, veganism is extreme and unhealthy--missing important elements of vitamins that are animal based, and can provoke allergies to soy, gluten and nuts (which, happened to me!) So I don't feel it's right, but it does work for other people. Just don't lecture me on it. We make choices, hopefull out of information and not feelings.

Super Contributor

I adored her 30 minute meal shows. She was fresh and fun. Now she is crass and full of herself. On the show the other night the topic of prices better than QVC's came up. She flat out said "they are liars and they are not telling the truth". Calling customers liars  is a bit harsh. Think what you want, RR, but be careful about what comes out of your mouth.

She talks about NY, where she lives, referring to "upstate" and "the city" and doesn't take into consideration that if you are not from that area you won't now the local vernacular that she uses. While that is not a big deal in and of itself, it is indicative of her lack of perspective and consideration.

She is rude and interrupts hosts, talking over them constantly. When she first came onto the scene, I liked her. But I see a huge, egotistical change in her with a sense of entitlement. 

I wish she would tone it back down to warm and inviting. Until she does, I'll be avoiding her products. If she speaks with disdain about her customers she's not getting one single dollar bill out of this chef.

Trusted Contributor

Oh my gosh!   She is throwing things around, cutting Jane off interrupting her as well!  She is crass and harsh and aggressive!!!

Respected Contributor

She's gotten rather un-cute lately.

My dad adored her. He liked cute, dark-haired women and she would do what men like (maybe 2nd-best....) Go into the kitchen and make plates and plates of hearty-looking food and make it look like she didn't even crack a sweat. Hey, fifteen minutes and you can have this delicious meal. My mom would sniff, that doesn't include the shopping and the cleaning up....but when my dad was bed-bound when he was getting quite old, he enjoyed her a lot even if he couldn't eat much any more. I used to get a laugh from that.

I like a lot of her kitchen ware (I have RR dinnerware and pots) but she's getting a bit loud, it's true. 

Honored Contributor

RR had Jane has hyper as she is.

Those 2 don't need to do a show together.

All that squealing, really?

@Brunette wrote:

Oh my gosh!   She is throwing things around, cutting Jane off interrupting her as well!  She is crass and harsh and aggressive!!!

Honored Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

I stopped watching RR, including her QVC presentations, a long time ago.

Same here.

Frequent Contributor

You know what I can't stand? When Rachel Ray says "girl math" in reference to doing idiotic math.  Talk about rude & disrespectful to your audience!

Regular Contributor

I liked that Jane let her talk too. When MB did the show, she did all the talking.

Turned it off.

Regular Contributor

Her 15 minutes of fame has long passed.  Instant channel flip.