Trusted Contributor

Re: Questions About Food Network's Chopped

[ Edited ]

@Ladybug724 wrote:

I like Alex G on Supermarket Stakeout because she seems like she's actually enjoying herself, and generally a lot more relaxed. However, on Chopped, she always looks perturbed

Can't stand her. WAY too full of herself. So is Geoffrey Zakarian.I do like Aaron Sanchez.

Honored Contributor

I watch this show and enjoy it for the most part because I think the cooks are amazing the way they come up with the dishes using the strangest ingredients!

A cooking show which I think is really fun and enjoyable is --- The Kitchen

They all really seem to like each other and have a ball and it's a really good vibe!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

I watch this show and enjoy it for the most part because I think the cooks are amazing the way they come up with the dishes using the strangest ingredients!

A cooking show which I think is really fun and enjoyable is --- The Kitchen

They all really seem to like each other and have a ball and it's a really good vibe!  

@AngelPuppy1 I agree about The Kitchen. It's a fun show which I think cooking shows should be. I hope they get back to having a studio audience soon because the live audience gives the show a fun vibe, like a party atmosphere.

Esteemed Contributor

I thought for sure this would be a thread wondering why "Chopped" hasn't had any new episodes for a couple of months, but I guess not. Smiley Wink  I honestly tuned out for awhile earlier this year when they were constantly having tournaments or theme show after theme show and it lost some of the great aspects of the standard shows. But now that we've had "Beat Bobby Flay" on every week instead and I can't stand that show, I've started to miss it...

Honored Contributor

@Ladybug724 

I just recently started watching it, so didn't realize they used to have a live audience.  I think this is really my favorite cooking show.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

@Patriot3 wrote:

I'm not a fan of Ted Allen and when Alton Brown was on, didn't like that either.  Some judges I like.......Marc, Alex, Scott, Amanda, the Indian lady, Marcus.  There are others, can't think of their names right now.  Don't like Geoffrey Z.

I don't like when the contestants come back and they make us wait until after the commercials to say who is chopped, except for the dessert round.  As if we are stupid enough to buy their so called "surprise"!!

I do other things when they are going thru their preparing.  In answer to the OP, I don't know why.  Another thing I don't like are the contestants' sob stories.  I think that is scripted.  Makes it look like they might be saved from being chopped.

@Patriot3 

The Indian chef's name is Mannat.

My DH hates the sob stories and when the contestants claim they are competing to show their kids they can do anything or prove something to their parents.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ninjawife wrote:

@Patriot3 wrote:

I'm not a fan of Ted Allen and when Alton Brown was on, didn't like that either.  Some judges I like.......Marc, Alex, Scott, Amanda, the Indian lady, Marcus.  There are others, can't think of their names right now.  Don't like Geoffrey Z.

I don't like when the contestants come back and they make us wait until after the commercials to say who is chopped, except for the dessert round.  As if we are stupid enough to buy their so called "surprise"!!

I do other things when they are going thru their preparing.  In answer to the OP, I don't know why.  Another thing I don't like are the contestants' sob stories.  I think that is scripted.  Makes it look like they might be saved from being chopped.

@Patriot3 

The Indian chef's name is Mannat.

My DH hates the sob stories and when the contestants claim they are competing to show their kids they can do anything or prove something to their parents.

@ninjawife Her name is Manneet. I absolutely love her!

Honored Contributor

Never underestimate the power of a clever edit.  A clip of a stern stare can be placed anywhere in a scene to create tension.    

Respected Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

Never underestimate the power of a clever edit.  A clip of a stern stare can be placed anywhere in a scene to create tension.    

@deepwaterdotter True but I don't like how they edit it so serious. It would be more watchable if it had a fun vibe

Respected Contributor

I like that it is serious- its not a game show- its  a serious competition,  they arent vying for the, "lovely parting gifts" like on Price is Right-  I am sick of dumbed-down and  frivolous shows everywhere I turn..