Super Contributor

Re: Question for tea drinkers

On 1/16/2015 spud188 said: I am trying to get off Coke it has been since around TG since I have had one,anyway I am drinking iced Lipton's Peach Tea instead,I am so thankful I found something to drink besides Coke.

Glad you were able to make the adjustment, the tea is certainly healthier for you.

Contributor

HI,

Have you ever tried RUNA TEA(Guayusa)? Has more antioxidants then any tea out there. Smooth tasting and natural caffeine. Does not give you the jitters. Comes in different flavors. I like the natural and the mint. Does not contain any tannins that regular tea gives off,so it never gets bitter. You can find it at Whole Foods Store or I order it from Amazon.com.It comes intra bags and loose. Loose tea is a better value. Try it!

Super Contributor

On 1/17/2015 tartlets said:

HI,

Have you ever tried RUNA TEA(Guayusa)? Has more antioxidants then any tea out there. Smooth tasting and natural caffeine. Does not give you the jitters. Comes in different flavors. I like the natural and the mint. Does not contain any tannins that regular tea gives off,so it never gets bitter. You can find it at Whole Foods Store or I order it from Amazon.com.It comes intra bags and loose. Loose tea is a better value. Try it!

Hi tartlets. No, I haven't even heard of Runa Tea but it sounds worth trying. I would have to order it online since I'm hours away from a Whole Foods. I appreciate the info.

This is what I am enjoying about this thread, everyone has shared their own tea preferences and many of us have learned about new teas we weren't familiar with. Also, it's nice to have a thread where people keep it pleasant, no snark or rudeness. I'm really glad I asked the question and appreciate all that have participated. Thank you.

Occasional Contributor

My favorite tea Tetley British Blend love it their classic blend isn't too bad neither

Trusted Contributor

I drink coffee every morning and iced tea throughout the day. My favorite for the last few years is Red Rose Tea, a black bagged tea. A miniature Wade pottery piece is included in each box, like a Cracker Jack's prize, and I love the flavor of this particular brand.

Republic of Tea carries a delicious Blackberry Sage tea that is awesome, but for everyday use, Red Rose Tea is my favorite.

Regular Contributor

Republic of Tea offers a delicious Ginger Peach Green Tea or Ginger Peach 100% White Tea. I find the white tea to be smoother and more mellow, and costlier. I prefer both the teas in the decaffeinated variety. I have found the best price at Cost Plus World Market and occasionally on sale at Whole Foods.

Honored Contributor

On 1/17/2015 SaggingGal said:

Republic of Tea offers a delicious Ginger Peach Green Tea or Ginger Peach 100% White Tea. I find the white tea to be smoother and more mellow, and costlier. I prefer both the teas in the decaffeinated variety. I have found the best price at Cost Plus World Market and occasionally on sale at Whole Foods.

ROT's Ginger Peach Black Tea (regular & decaf) started it all many years ago, and is really yummy if you haven't tried it yet.

Both Amazon and Ebay often have the cheapest total price for ROT teas, as well as free shipping.

New Contributor

Lots of choice on really good teas out there - I like English Breakfast, Earl Grey, Assam black teas in the morning and Japanese Sencha or Dragonwell Green Teas in the afternoon. Sometimes to change it up a little include Silver Needle white tea. if you are looking for packaged tea sets, Gifts Ready To Go has a good choice and they ship free in US. http://www.giftsreadytogo.com/collections/world-of-tea

Contributor

I prefer tea - my favorite is Bigelow Earl Grey or English Breakfast. My DH used to be a coffee drinker but I have converted him to tea as well.

Super Contributor

Hi Gifts4Me, glad you revived the thread, I learned about lots of different teas from all the ladies that commented. I'm currently enjoying a nice hot mug of my Earl Grey tea, which is perfect on this cold and snowy morning. Today is a good tea day for so many around the country having horrible weather. I wonder what everyone's drinking and if anyone has discovered some new favorites. My new tea of choice lately is Chrysanthemum Green Tea, I was given a huge box from a wonderful Chinese restaurant, and I also have a box of Japanese green tea. Green Tea has so many antioxidants and health benefits, and I really enjoy it with just a little bit of Agave nectar for sweetness. Cheers to whatever tea you're drinking. Smile