Super Contributor

Re: Question for tea drinkers

On 1/14/2015 druid102 said:

There is a company called Upton Tea Imports. They have quite an extensive selection of teas from all over the world and you can send for samples starting at $1.00ea. if you want to try before you buy. The teas are all loose teas and the company offers tea pots and cups, tea measuring spoons, and many other accessories to enhance your tea experience. You can Google them and go right to the web site and from there you can also request paper catalog. Allow yourself some time to read over the selections as it also includes a detailed description of the tea and also reviews. If you like tea, you'll love Upton Tea Imports.

Thanks so much! Looks like a really good website - was able to search on 'black organic' and 40 great choices came up! I feel like a kid in a candy shop {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Honored Contributor

Been a tea lover my whole life - never liked coffee - and enjoy these faves out of the ones I've tried so far: (caffeinated, decaf, & caffeine-free) black, green, white, rooibos, and herbal. They come 'as is' or flavored, or you can combine them.

Green has the most antioxidants (via it's active ingredient "EGCG"), black is the second healthiest, white is the least-processed, and rooibos is a red South African tea.

Believe it or not, I've yet to do loose leaf tea so I use bags. Some kinds (like the tagless pyramid-shaped) are better than others in imparting a truer, richer flavor.

When it comes to unflavored green tea, my fave is "Kirkland Signature Ito En Matcha Blend", which is a delicious super-healthy combo of Sencha tea from China and Matcha tea from Japan. You can get it at Costo, Amazon, and Ebay.

My faves for unflavored black tea are both British, where tea drinking is practically an art LOL: "Typhoo" and "PG Tips". You can get them in some supermarkets, but also on Amazon and Ebay (in addition to other online vendors).

Like you, I also sometimes drink Earl Grey and Lady Grey black teas. Earl Grey is stronger with bergamot orange oil, and Lady Grey is lighter as it has less bergamot and added cornflower, lemon, and Seville orange or lavender.

Hey, it's always time for tea! 8-)

Super Contributor

Love reading all your tea suggestions. I love it too. I drink coffee in the morning, but iced tea later. My favorite:

Davidson's Organic Tea South African Rooibos, 100-Count Tea Bags, 5.29oz

I'm on auto-delivery from Amazon. Rooibos tea is naturally sweet, decaffeinated, and very satisfying! Delicious.

Valued Contributor

Irish Breakfast, hands down. steep one quality teabag in a teapot for 5 minutes, then take out. Cover your teapot with a towel to keep warm. Serve in a cup with one teaspoon of honey. Divine.

Honored Contributor

On 1/14/2015 maggiemay said:

I've always been a tea drinker (I love the smell of coffee but don't like the taste). For the most part, I typically drink black teas. However, when I do drink flavored, I like the wild sweet orange tea from Tazo or the green tea with coconut from Harney & Sons.

Same here.

Trusted Contributor

On 1/15/2015 JustJules said:
On 1/15/2015 Katey1261 said:
On 1/14/2015 JustJules said:

CindyinNC, I like the peppermint flavors too. The chai tea is really delicious. The brand I am drinking is Bigelow Vanilla Chai. They have other chai flavors too...Caramel, Chocolate, Spiced, and Green Tea chai, but so far the vanilla is the only one I've tried.

brii, Since you like chamomile and mint, and already drink Celestial Seasonings, you would probably like their Sleepytime teas. The one I am currently enjoying is their Lemon Jasmine decaf green tea, it has chamomile, spearmint, and lemon grass. Not sure if it's just the idea of Sleepytime, but it does seem to help me relax before bedtime.

Where do you get all the different kinds of Chai Teas?

The Bigelow brand that I am drinking has them in my local grocery store which is one of the Kroger stores. I was actually pleasantly surprised that they offer such an extensive selection of teas since I live in fairly small town.

Thank You!

Trusted Contributor

While I love Iced Tea I also like hot teas. I'm not a Coffee drinker at all. I love this thread and it has given me many options. I usually drink the normal black pekoe Tea. I have now tippy toed into new Teas. I love the Chai Tea by Tazo hot or cold. I recently was at a Craft Show and just happen to sample a Tea which I bought a small bas of and it is loose leaf. it has Yaupon Tea, Rooibos, Peppermint, Cinnamon, Orange Peel and cloves. It is made here in Texas and it is by Cat Spring Youpon Tea. I also bought their Black Youpon Tea in Tea Bags. I do like to buy Organic Teas myself. so of you wonderful Ladies care to share Organic Tea Companies please let me know. Thanks Katey!

Trusted Contributor

for caffeine tea i like Prince of Peace OOLONG

Respected Contributor

I sometimes drink Rooibos tea if I don't want caffeine, but most often I drink Earl Grey black tea and it's frequently my "dessert" in the evening. My favorite brand is Taylors of Harrogate, which even my husband, who didn't like Earl Grey, would drink happily. It is fairly robust and has that bergamot (citrus) flavor that is characteristic of Earl Grey. I've been given all kinds of teas, green, jasmine, etc and I realize I prefer Earl Grey, like Jean-Luc Picard!

Trusted Contributor

I am trying to get off Coke it has been since around TG since I have had one,anyway I am drinking iced Lipton's Peach Tea instead,I am so thankful I found something to drink besides Coke.