Super Contributor

Re: Question about The Swiss Colony

On 12/3/2014 Campion said:

They are now "Colony" and they bought, among other businesses, Montgomery Wards, at one time.

I don't know...the catalog they sent me is still Swiss Colony and so is their website.

sfnative, I'm not ordering any of the tower gifts, just interested in the petits fours and the chocolate Yule log. Also got a small cheese log assortment for me, and some truffles as a gift for my neighbor friend who is always so helpful to me. I have found those tower gifts are mostly decoration no matter what company you order them from. You only get a little bit of each assortment so it's more like a sampling. Makes a nice presentation, but not the best value ususally.

BeckiWV, they still have the Yule log with the raccoons. It's currently on sale for $17.95 and one of the things that made me want to order. They are cute, we used to have one around for every Christmas.

I don't live in a large city, so to be honest I'm not sure if our shopping mall has a Hickory Farms or not. I haven't purchased anything from them in easily 10 years. They had good cheese balls that I recall, but I found a good value with Swiss Colony. I decided to give them a try, and they offer a 100% satisfaction or full refund/replacement guarantee, so if it doesn't meet my expectations I have nothing to lose. Nightowlz I used the coupon, that was very helpful and I didn't know about that site so thanks again! I also got my free gift of some chocolate covered macadamia nuts, YUM! Smile

Esteemed Contributor

I order a huge box 0f petit fours every year from Swiss Colony. I order from the postpaid section.

Valued Contributor

I have ordered the Holiday Cookies for our family for several years. They are very good.

Contributor

I order the spreadables every year. They are still very good. They are shipped in a timely manner and their pkging for shipping is excellent. The spreadables and my free candy gift come in separate shipments.

Honored Contributor

Same here. When I was first married in the early 1980s, I sent the petite fours to all my friends and relatives around the country. I always got good feedback. I don't see why things would have changed.

~ house cat ~
Frequent Contributor

On 12/3/2014 Campion said:

They are now "Colony" and they bought, among other businesses, Montgomery Wards, at one time.

Its not swiss colony anymore? I got a catalog a couple weeks ago and didn't even notice. Now, I have to look…

Ive ordered the pumpkin bites. Sooo good. But I just can't afford it anymore. Ive always wanted to try the raccoon yule log. Some here said it was good, so maybe Ill try it.

Respected Contributor

If anyone is interested in ordering their petits fours from Figi's, I have a free shipping code:

Source code: 082/2101

They don't have as large of a selection as Swiss Colony, but the quality is every bit as good, IMO.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Respected Contributor

I get them as gifts, I generally enjoy the sample packs. My Mother used to buy a lot from Figis.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Valued Contributor

I have ordered from them many times in the past until the chocolate items all seemed like wax so I stopped buying. I did like the flavored spredables. They were really tasty, spread them on a sandwich.

Super Contributor

I've been ordering from them for a long time. I haven't noticed any decline in quality, but I don't order much candy from them anymore. Mostly cheese and cheese spreads. They are expensive, but since I have an account with them, I can keep purchases on that and not have to put on a credit card.........