Honored Contributor

Every time I think of purchasing something from this line, I think of all the warnings and don't.

SHame, because some of the items really are nice but there are negative reviews all over the place (not just here) so.... it's a no go.

Seems like every line starts out so great and then, as the demand grows, it slowly becomes a poor quality product. *sigh*

Loved those bowls they had a few days back. : (

Trusted Contributor

Re: Every time I think of purchasing something from this line, I think of all the warnings and don't.

Beauty fades or breaks quickly ..... stick with the tried, true & quality products. Yes, Pyrex, Anchor Hocking and Corning Wear may lack in beauty, but make up for it in durability & quality.

Honored Contributor

Re: Every time I think of purchasing something from this line, I think of all the warnings and don't.

There are so many beautiful, QUALITY choices! Personally, I wouldn't touch this stuff with a ten-foot pole.

I have pieces of the older, Made in the US and France, Corning Ware (French White and Black) and some pieces of Fiesta and other stuff from decades past. All of them are still beautiful and intact.

I've never purchased the TT either, but I have seen it and it takes a hot second to see that the quality is just not there. It's sloppy and not fired properly. This would probably explain why so many people have it spontaneously combust either in their oven or in their hands. I never found the designs to be appealing at all, anyway.

Honored Contributor

i have had good luck with the temptations items that i own from the beginning until now.....i do consider it a quality piece and enjoy using it as it is intended. i think that the prices are hard to beat. my only negative is is that i wish she would come out with more contemporary looking pieces.

everyone has their own likes and dislikes, but as an actual buyer and user of this line i recommend it and i have given pieces as gifts to others. if it isnt for you then it isnt for you. i am proud of my decor, my cooking, and how my tables look while mixing and matching temptations items in with other serving/baking pieces i have.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

On 11/25/2014 chickenbutt said:

There are so many beautiful, QUALITY choices! Personally, I wouldn't touch this stuff with a ten-foot pole.

I have pieces of the older, Made in the US and France, Corning Ware (French White and Black) and some pieces of Fiesta and other stuff from decades past. All of them are still beautiful and intact.

I've never purchased the TT either, but I have seen it and it takes a hot second to see that the quality is just not there. It's sloppy and not fired properly. This would probably explain why so many people have it spontaneously combust either in their oven or in their hands. I never found the designs to be appealing at all, anyway.

I agree with this assessment.

The one thing that really bugged me about this line when I watched the first presentations was that they were saying it was "hand painted." Then said "old country look." Even looking at the line on screen, it just didn't wash. Then one weekend, we were invited out to a couple's new ranch house for their first blow-out dinner. The hostess had purchased a ton of Temptations. I asked her if I could look at one of the pieces and so did. I agree with the "sloppy and not fired properly." Additionally, the "hand painted" doesn't even get close to that. It appears in reality to be stenciled, which is stretching "hand painting." If it were hand painted, there would be irregularities in at least the long strokes.

If you like something with an old world look, try checking out Polish Pottery, Italian ceramics (which are soooo wonderful and colorful and not as densely color populated as Polish Pottery) and Delft pottery from the Netherlands. I have pieces from all three of these countries.

One of the reasons I love Delft is that it's been made for hundreds of years and is now a cottage industry. I've visited the rather small "factory" in Delft and learned that 90% of the painting is done at home by female artists, most of whom have small children at home, so this is a means for them of not only making a living while being at home which their children, but being able to get paid for being the artists that they are. Delft pieces are not cheap like Temptations, but so worth the beauty. (They also sell tiles. I purchase one once in a while and hope one day to actually do something with them.)

Esteemed Contributor

OKAY, I missed the warnings. What is wrong or what are we being warned about. I have only two pieces. I bought some sort of picnic set (kit) with a carrying case. Was intending to give as a gift, lost track of it and still have it unopened. I have two such sets and two daughters who never got them. Perhaps it was luck that I hid them away and finally came upon them.

Honored Contributor

On 11/25/2014 bonnielu said:

OKAY, I missed the warnings. What is wrong or what are we being warned about. I have only two pieces. I bought some sort of picnic set (kit) with a carrying case. Was intending to give as a gift, lost track of it and still have it unopened. I have two such sets and two daughters who never got them. Perhaps it was luck that I hid them away and finally came upon them.

People say they break unexpectedly - for example when removing a casserole from the oven. I think there have also been reports of breakage at room temperature. I don't have any TT but will steer clear. (I don't care for the patterns anyway and, as another poster said, Tara's fatuous brags that the pieces are hand-painted.)

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the warning and the reason. I cannot imagine knowing this THEY keep making it or keep selling it. You would think they would test it and put a FIX in.

I too am a fan of the earlier cookware, Pyrex and Corning. They never seem to wear out.

Super Contributor

Lots of it is showing up regularly at GW and consignment shops. I liked the color of one casserole but upon close inspection noticed the handle was cracked almost all the way through UNDER THE GLAZE, meaning it was sold that way. It could easily snap off if you tried to lift it out of the oven without supporting underneath.

If that is what passes as quality control, I wouldn't buy any of this companies products at retail.

Honored Contributor

A LONG time ago, I purchased a Phyllis George Tuna Cassarole dish that had the Tuna Recipe on the bottom of the dish. It was made in China and was cute, heavy and well glazed (I thought) with a decent clay (I thought). I loved it and used it for many things that needed to be baked in the oven. Then one day at 350 degrees (not unreasonable) the dish shattered in many pieces while cooking in the oven. I was lucky! Although a mess, it didn't shatter while I was holding it or taking it out of the oven~!

I think about that dish (which was also reasonably priced) every time I see the Temptations line. I did order one of the first TSV sets that was offered but never really used it much and eventually got rid of it. I just never trusted the cheaper Temptations after the experience I had with the cheaper Phyllis George dish.

Since then, I have invested in the Polish Stoneware that Gloria offered here years ago. I continue to buy it off their Zanger Website. There's no comparison in quality and I don't have to worry about the dish exploding in the oven.

I DO however, buy some of the Old World in Blue that are not used in the oven, like their Chip & Dip Bowl and Bread Bowl because they "blend" in with my Polish stoneware.

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*