Respected Contributor
Spoiler

I just received my first order of Pot Stickers and they didn't come with any suggestions about cooking. I can do some guessing, but can anyone give me suggestions on your favorite way to prepare them?  Want to make some tonight. Thanks a bunch.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Question about PotStickers

I get mine at Sam's and I do a vegetable stir fry to go with them and some white rice. I just brown them in a pan and then sprinkle with a little teriyaki sauce

Honored Contributor

@Perkup  From the Q?  I would go back to the product description online.

I've had frozen potstickers and heated then in a bit of oil.  Mine were not from the Q, though.

You might repost your question in Recipes-you might get more suggestions.

Enjoy!

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

@Perkup

I heat up my nonstick Circulon skillet on medium-high heat, pour in a bit of coconut oil, add the potstickers, and then put on the lid.  After a minute or so, I turn down the heat a bit, and once they start to brown, I start to shake/stir the skillet to move the individual pieces around.  Once they get nice a golden brown, I lift the lid, and add about 1/2 teaspoon of water.  This final step "steams" them so they don't stick and makes them moist.

I dip them in soy sauce/sweet chili sauce, or General Tso's stir fry sauce/soy sauce.  Also as a side dish I make a quick Asian Slaw with shredded cabbage, soy sauce/toasted sesame seed oil dressing, and sesame seeds (sometimes Chia seeds too).  As you may clearly see, I love soy sauce!

Honored Contributor

i like to microwave them for about a minute or two and then pan fry them in a little butter or peanut oil. they are good plain, with some type of dipping sauce from the grocery store, or with soy sauce.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

traditionally, they're cooked in a shallow pan in a small amount of liquid ( I use water) and oil. Leave the lid off and while they cook the water evaporates leaving the oil which they then brown in. 

Alternatively you can also just boil them and then brown the bottom in another pan with some oil. They can also be added to soup like a kreplach.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Esteemed Contributor

Both @jpie and @jaxs mom suggestions have worked for me. You can use any oil you have on hand. I have also nuked them on occasion, but the pan frying and steaming adds that extra something.

Respected Contributor

@PA Mom-mom

Yes, I have used EVOO, avocado oil (high smoking temperature) and canola too.  I love the taste of coconut oil so I use it the most.

I have used the microwave too when I was trying to really cut out calories and was in a huge hurry, but they are not as tasty this way!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like them pan fried or sprayed with Pam and baked in a 400 degree oven about 10 minutes until browned.   

Trusted Contributor

I love potstickers.  I have steamed them and they are ok but my favorite preparation is to pan or deep-fry.