Super Contributor

QUESTION ABOUT S'IP BY S'WELL BOTTLES

I am thinking of purchasing these bottles but do they get scratched up easily... If so, don't like to see that...  Please let me know who owns these bottles and are they worth it.  Also, can I use mine to drink wine???

Valued Contributor

Re: QUESTION ABOUT S'IP BY S'WELL BOTTLES

I would like to know how you are supposed to clean them, that top opening seems rather small. 

Respected Contributor

@Hondagirl wrote:

I am thinking of purchasing these bottles but do they get scratched up easily... If so, don't like to see that...  Please let me know who owns these bottles and are they worth it.  Also, can I use mine to drink wine???

_________

I'm sorry that I don't have any feedback about this product, but I had to respond due to the wine comment, LOL!  Why wouldn't you be able to use it for wine?  Just a version of an "adult sippie-cup" right?

I've seen this product on air, but I prefer a wide-mouth opening so that it's easier to load with ice.

Thanks for making me laugh today!!!!

Super Contributor

A friend at work hs one of the bottles and she only uses it for water.... Someone on one of the sites complained about not getting a coffee smell out around the top of bottle... I know the top of the bottle is small but crushed ice can be added if needed...15oz is not that big for a can of soda (not recommened) because of the carbination....

Trusted Contributor

Nearly $25 per 15 oz.bottle…OMG, are they lined with gold? While you s'ip…their back account will s'well!

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Honored Contributor

We used to call a bottle like that a "Thermos"

My dad carried 1 to work every day.

I doubt he paid $25 for it back in the 1950s

I've been very happy with my Ozark Trail cup from Walmart.

I think it's 20oz for $10.

@Havarti wrote:

Nearly $25 per 15 oz.bottle…OMG, are they lined with gold? While you s'ip…their back account will s'well!

Respected Contributor

I prefer my Yeti tumbler.  Not as cute, but stays hot or cold for HOURS, like 12.  And yes, I like my wine in it.

Valued Contributor

Check Target, they frequently have the seasonals and various other ones on clearance. I got 2 there after in January. I use mine for water and tea and a bottle cleaner works fine to clean it. 

Regular Contributor

@Hondagirl wrote:

A friend at work hs one of the bottles and she only uses it for water.... Someone on one of the sites complained about not getting a coffee smell out around the top of bottle... I know the top of the bottle is small but crushed ice can be added if needed...15oz is not that big for a can of soda (not recommened) because of the carbination....

That was me, lol. The company truly did send a replacement o-ring pretty quickly. It was free of charge, too! Smiley Happy

To the op: as another poster said, i'd check out Target because they have them on sale every now and then. If not, you'll end up dropping $25 for one. Mine was gifted to me by a co-worker and I love it. I only use water in it now. I love how its shaped because it fits into my purse well. I was happy to get it becuase i'd been looking at them for a while but just couldn't bring myself to pay that much for it. I also have one of the tumblers from MarkCharles Misilli and it does the same exact thing as the s'ip bottle does.

Trusted Contributor

I like that they come in nice patterns and colors but the price for 2 is too high.  The opening at the top is so narrow that if I put them under my ice cube dispenser the cubes would fly all over.  I like my Contigo bottles.  I have two sets of 2 that are 16oz. in colors.  I also ordered a 22 oz. one from Contigo that I use for ice and water even at home.  All the insulated glasses I have (plastic) still drip condensation from the ice and water and it's a mess.  My Contigo doesn't do that and stays icy cold all day.