Respected Contributor

Please read the list of ingrediants BEFORE you even consider buying those bars....lots of sugar and in the form of syrups.

Honored Contributor

@Just Bling  Yes, we are better off making our own and controlling the ingredients.  Plus  I think we can always make food not only healthier, but tastier!

Esteemed Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

Please read the list of ingrediants BEFORE you even consider buying those bars....lots of sugar and in the form of syrups.

I wouldn't consider buying food from anywhere without reading the ingredients list first.

But since there is no link or item number provided with your 'warning', I searched "Oatmeal Bars" which yielded 12 results.

Depending on who's eating it and when & why, sugar may be just what they need. 

Respected Contributor

@phoenixbrd I would love a recipe to make my own.  I eat early in the morning and in the dark, so easy breakfasts is a must!

Respected Contributor

@Tigriss wrote:

@phoenixbrd I would love a recipe to make my own.  I eat early in the morning and in the dark, so easy breakfasts is a must!

I double this receipe and freeze.

BANANA BLUEBERRY BAKED OATMEAL CUPS

This yeilds about 12 "muffins"

1 egg 

2 cups old fashion oats (gluten free ok)

1 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp salt

1 tsp cinnamon

1 lrg ripe banana mashed anout 1/2 cup

2 Tablespoons coconut oil melted or butter melted or any oil

1 cup of milk or almond milk

2 tablespoons pure maple syrup or brown sugar

1/2 tsp vanilla

1 cup blueberries fresh or frozen

Mix the dry then add the wet fold blueberries last.

Put into prepared muffin cups and bake 350 about 25 minutes.

These will not look like "cup cakes" They are very dense.

Respected Contributor
@granddi Super thanks! How did you know I love blueberries? I'm so all over this. It will be super easy to make and freeze, then warm up in the microwave before running out of the house in the morning. I'm up at 0515, so anything that is easy is a super help. I stopped wearing makeup due to no A/C at work the past two years, so after it was fixed, I still haven't gone back because I get to sleep a bit more! At 0515 you cherish your sleep!!