Respected Contributor

Presto Popcorn Popper - Salt?

If you're unfamiliar with the product, here's how it works ....

Put a 1/2 cup of popcorn into the popper and you get a bowl of popcorn.

Problem:

How do I get the salt to stick to the popcorn without using a TON of butter?

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Honored Contributor

Re: Presto Popcorn Popper - Salt?

@RinaRinaI don't know exactly what that popper looks like.   I have a popper that looks like a pitcher into which you put the popcorn.  There's a silicone device that fits the top of the pitcher and I put maybe a half pay of salted butter on that and it melts into the popcorn.  Certainly not as buttery or salty as some the more traditional pops, but I can't tolerate all that butter and salt anyway.

Respected Contributor

I lightly spray popped corn with Pam or a butter flavored generic brand before I salt.  The salt for popcorn you can buy is finer than regular salt and seems to stick better too.  Coarse salt just falls to the bottom.

Honored Contributor

I spray with avocado oil and then use cajun or asian or whatever spice mix I have--works really well

Trusted Contributor

@RinaRina wrote:

If you're unfamiliar with the product, here's how it works ....

Put a 1/2 cup of popcorn into the popper and you get a bowl of popcorn.

Problem:

How do I get the salt to stick to the popcorn without using a TON of butter?

As someone already mentioned, you can buy salt that is made for popcorn.

It is really finely ground.

You can usually find it in the popcorn section in many supermarkets that sell popcorn. It will be in the popcorn seasoning section with the rest of the flavored seasonings. It's called Popcorn Salt. Smiley Happy

I have used it in the past, but what I do now instead is use the butter-flavored popcorn seasoning.

It already has salt in it, plus a butter flavor to it. It's a powder, and you just sprinkle it on your popcorn when it's done popping.

There are other flavored seasonings that I like too, like bacon and cheddar, the caramel corn flavor, too. 

We have a microwave air popper that I use, and I'll use the flavored seasonings on the air-popped popcorn.