Trusted Contributor

I have a few questions I need help with. My Son bought me a Power Cooker Pressure Cooker for Mothers Day that is an As Seen On TV product. My concern is I don't know what kind of Non Stick it is. I went to the site and it don't say. It just says Non Stick. I was considering a Non Stick that is safe or the Instant Pot which has no Non Stick then I worry about the browning and the sticking. What would you suggest?

Valued Contributor

Can you look it up at the site, and check out the "details" given about it.

I just think if it in a cooking vessel like that...it is safe. Maybe I shouldn't think

that way but I do.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
On 5/10/2014 monketoes said:

Can you look it up at the site, and check out the "details" given about it.

I just think if it in a cooking vessel like that...it is safe. Maybe I shouldn't think

that way but I do.

I was thinking like in some non stick Cookware there is some still using a nonstick that you should not use. I was thinking the same goes for Pressure Cookers.

Trusted Contributor

I would really like to know what Pressure Cooker you have and why you chose it?

Honored Contributor

I have the Q's brand, Technique, hard anodized, 4 qt p/c, that I bought 10 years ago. I don't have to baby the inside so I can use metal utensils. I probably bought that one because it maybe was on sale or on an introductory price or on easy pay --don't remember. It's a small one but serves my fam of 3 very well. I use it several times a week to. I used to cook with an old Presto on top of the stove p/c, when I was in 5th grade. My mom went back to work so taught me how to use it and I cooked for my family. There are some concerns about all non stick items as they give off gases at when cooked at too high of temps that can be harmful for humans and certain animals. I have a boat load of them myself and will be replacing it all with stainless steel, I think. As long as you don't scratch the surface and you don't have pet birds in your home, your p/c should be ok. It really is a great prep tool. Bob Wardens first p/c cookbook is a must. I use it all the time and most of his recipes are really good and easy.

Trusted Contributor
On 5/11/2014 wagirl said:

I have the Q's brand, Technique, hard anodized, 4 qt p/c, that I bought 10 years ago. I don't have to baby the inside so I can use metal utensils. I probably bought that one because it maybe was on sale or on an introductory price or on easy pay --don't remember. It's a small one but serves my fam of 3 very well. I use it several times a week to. I used to cook with an old Presto on top of the stove p/c, when I was in 5th grade. My mom went back to work so taught me how to use it and I cooked for my family. There are some concerns about all non stick items as they give off gases at when cooked at too high of temps that can be harmful for humans and certain animals. I have a boat load of them myself and will be replacing it all with stainless steel, I think. As long as you don't scratch the surface and you don't have pet birds in your home, your p/c should be ok. It really is a great prep tool. Bob Wardens first p/c cookbook is a must. I use it all the time and most of his recipes are really good and easy.

Thanks Wagirl, I'm also considering the Instant Pot that is all Stainless Steel. My concern is when browning and sticking.
I don't use any metal in my non stick although over time non stick still has scratches meaning my cookware.

Super Contributor

want to know more ant this pressure cooker

Trusted Contributor
On 5/11/2014 Meeras said:

want to know more ant this pressure cooker

The Instant Pot Pressure Cooker?

Honored Contributor
On 5/11/2014 Katey1261 said:
On 5/11/2014 wagirl said:

Thanks Wagirl, I'm also considering the Instant Pot that is all Stainless Steel. My concern is when browning and sticking.
I don't use any metal in my non stick although over time non stick still has scratches meaning my cookware.

Does your p/c have a browning option? Mine doesn't but has a cook option for low-med-high and thats what I use to brown stuff. As far as sticking to stainless steel--if it is hot enough things won't stick but you can use oils or butter or spray too.