Honored Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

@peachesncream wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

The ONLY ones I save are Bon Maman jelly and jam jars.

@Sooner  I will have to say those are nice looking jars.

@proudlyfromNJ AND good stuff inside!  I love the cherry preserves on yogurt!!!!

Those cherry preserves are also great over vanilla ice cream!

@Sooner+@proudlyfromNJ+@peachesncream: Have you seen the Bonne Maman mini jar advent calendars at World Market? We have been buying them for a few years now and LOVE them! The jars seem tiny, but they actually hold the perfect amount for a nicely jammy sandwich, toast, or topping for ice cream or yogurt. The calendars have a wonderful variety of specialty flavors and are always really well crafted; they make great gifts (especially for yourself). If you are interested in checking them out, buy before mid-November, because they sell out quickly...

@loriqvc FUNNY you should mention that!   I just found out about them last year and had to scramble to get one. For this year mine is safely in my pantry now!  We can't wait to open it!

I love their products and keep ALL of those jars!  

THANKS so much for mentioning this!  My sister in a jam!  

Woman Very Happy

Respected Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

Don't people "save jars" anymore?

@Desertdi  I save/use jars to use when I'm frying food and the oil can't be used anymore I pour it in a jar, seal and toss in trash.  My SIL pours hers down the sink and has a lot of slow draining sinks which my brother is always snaking out their drain. 

Visitor

yes i save glass jars (some, not all).  I am getting rid of ALL my plastic and going to just glass. 

Respected Contributor

@Kalou   Welcome to the forums.  It's always a pleasure to see new people join in.

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Valued Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

I save just a few only but they do get put to use

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

I do, but just the nice ones.  I also save glass Snapple bottles and refill them. I recycle the plastic ones.

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

@jlkz wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

@Desertdi  No.

@proudlyfromNJ     I guess I'm the "oddball"  (!!!)

@Desertdi  @proudlyfromNJ 

would like to introduce you to DH:  he hasn't met a jar, container, or bottle that he doesn't have to save !!!

@jlkz @proudlyfromNJ

DH has the right idea.....jars are perfect for nuts, bolts, all kinds of small fasteners.   Also for buttons and sewing supplies!

@jlkz   DH still has all of my baby food jars full of screws.  They were hot when I taught tole painting!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@furbabylover 

I do extremely well with this set.  No transference.  

The lids snap on to the bottom of the container, or all of the lids snap together.  No leaching when microwaving.

See the source image

Valued Contributor

@ECBG  I really like the idea of the snapping lids. Can you tell me what brand this is? Thanks.

Honored Contributor

Re: Practical Storage

[ Edited ]

@furbabylover 

Rubbermade.  Microwave (no leaching) and dw safe.

The same set is now made with vented lids.  They're on amazon.  I bought 3 sets at Sams.