Esteemed Contributor

I recently fell in love with the sweet Polish pottery apple bakers. I have seen them offered at various online sites (no brick-and-mortar shop near me carries anything like them), but I was wondering if any of you had recommendations about the best places to shop for a wide variety of patterns for these bakers and/or for names or brands that would be ideal to watch for as I shop. Thanks in advance...  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I've purchased several items from Amazon and they came to me in perfect condition. I've also found some at a store called Tuesday Morning.

Respected Contributor

@loriqvc 
I bought almost all of mine from Gloria/QVC except for a few pieces from a local gift shop so I haven't kept up on who is selling what but I can say that I love my more plain gift shop pieces just as much as the more artistic pieces. 

If I could go back in time I would not over-buy as I did.  It was all so tempting and beautiful.  Now my kids don't want it and I have more than two people can ever use.

For anyone considering buying, focus on practical pieces like bakers of various sizes that work for your needs and every day ware of bowls and plates rather than holiday or anything that is going to sit on a shelf rarely used.

Esteemed Contributor

@colliemom4  - Thanks! Amazon is actually where I made my first apple purchase.  Smiley Happy

@Free2be  - Yes, the allure of all the handpainting and handcrafting is very strong, and I think that may be why I've ended up focusing on the adorable little apples—whether I use them, display them, or store them, they take up less than 6" around each.  Smiley Wink

Valued Contributor

I have one of those apples with a lid and keep a set of keys in it.

Honored Contributor

I have several pieces of Ceramika Artystyczna (CA) signature pieces, including mugs that we use every day. I just took a look at Lidia's mugs and I'm not seeing quite the detail or artistry. They're nice, though.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland