Honored Contributor

Re: Please bring back Lidia Bastianich

Would be fun if Lidia and Patty Reilly both came back on the same show.

Valued Contributor

I have her pasta bowls and rectangular bakers and love them all. The baking pans clean beautifully and the patterns and colors are so cheerful.

Respected Contributor

i just saw this thread - i purchased a set of 3 ""as is"" bakers for $29 a few days ago. I have not received them yet so I hope they are in decent shape. there are a few of her items left here at qvc. i have one set of temptations bowls - the cucina set - it's an older pattern. but i never ordered more as they do not appear to be able to withstand much. i just use them for storing leftovers.

Respected Contributor

rosehill....I went to a Lydia Bastianich book signing today, and asked her if she was coming back to the Q. (I had seen this thread the other day) She said her daughter is working on it, and a letter writing/email/anything in writing to the Q Brass would help.

She seemed a little surprised that I actually asked her about it.....like she was caught off guard. I guess she doesn't meet too many people that watch QVC.

"People with closed hearts will always feel as though they are at war with the world." ~My friend Nancy
Trusted Contributor

On 3/15/2015 Lotus~ said:

rosehill....I went to a Lydia Bastianich book signing today, and asked her if she was coming back to the Q. (I had seen this thread the other day) She said her daughter is working on it, and a letter writing/email/anything in writing to the Q Brass would help.

She seemed a little surprised that I actually asked her about it.....like she was caught off guard. I guess she doesn't meet too many people that watch QVC.

Wow, that's almost good news, Lotus. I'll send an email. Love her rectangular bakeware, also love the large white pasta bowl. Wish there was more in the pewter rimmed series, that looks so elegant.

Regular Contributor

Update: I read that a Manhattan Appeals Court reinstated the lawsuit against Lidia in 2014 saying the woman she ""enslaved"" as a caretaker to an elderly friend under the pretense of giving the woman a job in her company is due payment for the caretaking she performed. Lidia supposedly paid her health insurance and room and board but did not pay her wages. The amount being sued for is 5 million dollars.

Valued Contributor

Lotus, thank you! That is wonderful news. I will be sure to send an email to the higher ups at the Q. How lucky you are to have met her! Smile

Respected Contributor

That's encouraging for people who buy her stuff. I don't have any but I love her cookbooks.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*