Respected Contributor

Re: Plaid cookware

[ Edited ]

The lidded casserole dish shown in the photo is from LC's stoneware line.  I highly recommend these casseroles.  Have a few and use them all the time.  Very sturdy, clean up easily, and certainly don't weigh as much as the enameled cast iron.

Honored Contributor

Re: Plaid cookware

[ Edited ]

That's good to know about the wgt

Respected Contributor

Williams Sonoma had the round one, I wanted to buy it in red.  The only color they had at that time a couple of weeks ago was a grey plaid, not nearly as pretty....

Respected Contributor

I have the round dutch oven, even though my chosen color is Carribean.  We saw it last winter at a Williams-Sonoma on clearance, and the price was so good, we bought it.  It's a nice bridge piece between my smaller oval dutch oven and my very large round chef's oven (sloped sides) for roasting.  Given DH and my Scottish heritage, that plaid was pretty much a given, if LC made it in more pieces and offered it year round, I'd have probably bought an entire set, LOL.  Might be a little overwhelming en masse, but I do love that plaid!

Honored Contributor

wonder if Q will bring it on

Trusted Contributor

@novamc1 ~ Thank you for letting us know how you like your lidded casserole.  It's good to know it's a quality piece because I was able to pick one up tonight at a Williams-Sonoma store on clearance!  It was the last one they had!  I just washed it and plan on letting it sit on the counter awhile just so I can admire it.  It's so pretty I'm almost scared to cook in it but it's nice to know how durable it is.  :-)

Respected Contributor

@Julie928

Have no fear of using the stoneware LC pieces.  Two of mine are dark red with light-colored interiors and two are yellow with light-colored interiors.

They still  look good as new, and I wash them in the dishwasher every single time they are used.   No, I'm not kidding--in the dishwasher they go, or I would never want to use them!

Do let them dry out completely before the next use, because the bottoms are unfinished and might absorb and hold dampness for a while.  I let them air dry for a day or two before the next use, just to make sure.