Honored Contributor

I love plaid most of all when there isn't a lot of white in the pattern and was happy to see Le Creuset offered these items.  They're not in the budget but I do like looking at them.  I wish I'd bought Isaac's plaid dinnerware when he offered them way back when.

Image result for le creuset plaid

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

I love plaid on just about anything. I won't be getting new cookware, but these would be enticing.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Now, isn't that pretty !   Is it all cast iron though? too heavy for me.

Trusted Contributor

Ohhhh, I REALLY like those!  I tried to find them online.  It looks like Williams-Sonoma had them on clearance but they are no longer available.  Probably just as well since I'm sure they were still expensive but wow!  Those are nice!  Maybe next year...

Esteemed Contributor

wrote:

Now, isn't that pretty !   Is it all cast iron though? too heavy for me.

I chuckled at your response because I am not comfortable handling heavy cast iron cookware.  I consider myself to be pretty strong for a woman my age and effortlessly haul heavy things around the garden and handle heavy weight in exercise.  However when it comes to Le Cruset I can't lift a lid without shaking.  Maybe it's because I am a bit intimidated in the kitchen anyway, and the fear of breaking something so expensive overwhelms me.   

Honored Contributor

I should have mentioned the weight is as prohibitive as the price.  But they are pretty.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

The pattern makes me smile and think of the old Thermos's back from the 1950's and 60's

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

True. Suppose to get my Nordic Ware 3 qt stock pot Tues.

Bet others will follow suit and make pretty stuff like that without the wgt.

Respected Contributor

They just made me smile! I love plaid also and I have a solid red one that these would go with but they are quite pricey and heavy. They do cook beautifully though and I use the one I have a lot.

Respected Contributor

@SharkE  They are Le Creuset.  They seem to bring them out at Christmas time.  Saw them at Williams Sonoma last year and this year.  They sure do look pretty.