Esteemed Contributor

I just saw a Rachel Ray pet food commercial.  There were pets running all over her counters and one pup took a spoon from the counter with his mouth.

I'm amazed that, as a chef, she would participate in a commercial like this.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Honored Contributor

It's a commerical for pet food, I don't see the issue with it. Now if it was a commerical for a restaurant sure that would be odd. BTW, she isn't a chef and she doesn't call herself one, she's a home cook. She never went to cooking school, nor has she been a professional cook in a restaurant or catering business.  

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Trusted Contributor

It's a commercial.

Respected Contributor

I think it's cute.  The animals got impatient for their food and are trying to make it themselves using good ingredients.   They're gathering a bunch of good ingredients they like.  The spoon is to mix up the ingredients.  Then Rachel comes in with her pet food and says, "Guys, I told you I'dr be back."   That is, the pets don't have to make their own mix of good food, it's in the bag Rachel brought home.

Esteemed Contributor

@JAXS mom wrote:

It's a commerical for pet food, I don't see the issue with it. Now if it was a commerical for a restaurant sure that would be odd. BTW, she isn't a chef and she doesn't call herself one, she's a home cook. She never went to cooking school, nor has she been a professional cook in a restaurant or catering business.  

A home cook is still a chef.  I find it disturbing that any cook would allow animals crawling all over his or her cooking spaces.

Esteemed Contributor

@luv-the-Q wrote:

It's a commercial.

Yes, I said that in my original post.

Honored Contributor

@HonnyBrown wrote:

@JAXS mom wrote:

A home cook is still a chef.  I find it disturbing that any cook would allow animals crawling all over his or her cooking spaces.

Well we're going to have to disagree. The term chef is reserved for professional chefs and cooking school graduates. The bottom line is though, she has repeatedly said she is not a chef. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Trusted Contributor

@luv-the-Q wrote:

It's a commercial.

Some people take things way too seriously. I think the commercial is really cute.

Trusted Contributor

@JAXS mom wrote:

GREAT comments. ITA!

Trusted Contributor

Oh my! It's a cute commercial so what if the dogs are all over the place a spoon falls who cares it's so adorable. It's a happy time their getting good food. Lighten up its a great day for the dogs.