Trusted Contributor

Paula Deen air fryer- who got it?

I’m kicking myself because I didn’t get it. It looked so BIG & I’m running out of space for all my kitchen appliances, gadgets, etc... Because it was new there weren’t any reviews either. I’m also holding out hope that QVC will have a TSV air fryer in January. There’s Cook’s Essentials shows at midnight on 1/17 & 1/31 (I think). Hoping one is an air fryer.

If you were lucky enough to get the Paula Deen one from Evine let me know how you like it- both pros and cons. If it comes back in stock I might grab it. I still think it’s too big for 2 people but I’m new to the whole air fryer thing. Haven’t tried one at all so who knows?

Honored Contributor

Re: Paula Deen air fryer- who got it?

@Tribesters I purchased it and it will be here on Tuesday.  I promised myself I wouldn't buy another as I already have a working but small fryer, but this was exactly what I have been looking/waiting for.  I really like the accessories that came with it, plus I know I can plop a whole chicken in there with no issues.

I normally don't do this but I did purchase an extra year of the protection plan to extend the warranty another year.  I'll post as soon as I run it through a few paces . . . Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

I bought it last year from Evine.  I love it!  It does have one of the largest capacity baskets, if not the largest, but that is a plus, in my opinion, especially if you are feeding more than one.  You can only cook as much as will fit in the bottom area of the basket.  It's definitely not too big for 2 people!  As far as counter space, I just moved my stand mixer to a closet (since I rarely use it) and put my air fryer in that corner.  It does need some room for air circulation.

I was also in the market for a new toaster oven but found that I can even make toast in this thing, as well as toasted cheese sandwiches, etc.  I think it's one of the best things I have ever purchased from a shopping channel and I've been a shopper since CVN.  

The only con IMO is that the finish on the inside flaked off a bit at first.  If you get an air fryer, remember to line the basket bottom with some aluminum foil, which will need to be changed often.  You should also invest in some air fryer cookbooks

Respected Contributor

Mine is due tomorrow! I'm so excited, but I don't know if UPS delivers on a national holiday. I will find out. I'm excited. I need to start planning my first meal in it, I'm thinking roast turkey breast once I eat my beef roast and veg I'm doing tomorrow for this colder weather with a possibility of "wintry mix".
Respected Contributor

Mine will be here Tuesday. It’s my first air fryer, but I wanted one this big so I can do more in it.  I also was impressed with the ceramic nonstick vs regular nonstick.

Trusted Contributor

@zanna wrote:

I bought it last year from Evine.  I love it!  It does have one of the largest capacity baskets, if not the largest, but that is a plus, in my opinion, especially if you are feeding more than one.  You can only cook as much as will fit in the bottom area of the basket.  It's definitely not too big for 2 people!  As far as counter space, I just moved my stand mixer to a closet (since I rarely use it) and put my air fryer in that corner.  It does need some room for air circulation.

I was also in the market for a new toaster oven but found that I can even make toast in this thing, as well as toasted cheese sandwiches, etc.  I think it's one of the best things I have ever purchased from a shopping channel and I've been a shopper since CVN.  

The only con IMO is that the finish on the inside flaked off a bit at first.  If you get an air fryer, remember to line the basket bottom with some aluminum foil, which will need to be changed often.  You should also invest in some air fryer cookbooks

Doesn't lining the basket with foil keep the air from circulating?   I thought the point of the "air fryer" is the circulation of hot air.  

Super Contributor

@Sarah W  You are correct.  I actually line the pan bottom with aluminum foil. The basket fits inside the pan. The pan catches drippings that fall through the basket.  Lining the pan makes cleanup easier - just remove the lining material, throw it away and replace with fresh lining.  I have read recommendations to line the basket with perforated parchment paper, but I don't.  I always wash the basket.

Respected Contributor

OMG!  Just watched the video!  That XXL is huge!

I found what I want!   Hahahaha!

BTW, haven't seen PD in years.  She's lost a lot of weight. 

Looks like she cut out all those southern sweets!

I'm very happy I found this thread.  The XXL is sold out.

Can't wait for the next sale.

Woman Wink

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Honored Contributor

She's a diabetic now.

I quit taking her magazine yrs. ago.

Respected Contributor

@zanna wrote:

Would parchment paper work?

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."