Honored Contributor

No worry after all from the other thread. UPS man will bring to door.

Saves me a lot of grief.

I can't believe Q has done sent it just ordered the 18th !  I figured would

be in processing till at least Mon.  Wow !

Respected Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

No worry after all from the other thread. UPS man will bring to door.

Saves me a lot of grief.

I can't believe Q has done sent it just ordered the 18th !  I figured would

be in processing till at least Mon.  Wow !

It is probably being shipped by the manufacturer and not by QVC.

Honored Contributor

ROFL

Contributor

I have really enjoyed your comments about the Foodie. I orded mine the 19th I hope it ships tomorrow. I'm excited to get it. Do you recommend any other accessories ?

Trusted Contributor

I love my Instant Pot, but I know the Ninja can do so much more.

However........

One thing keeping me from purchasing is it looks like the Ninja is non-stick.

I'd rather have stainless. That was why I donated my Cooks Essential

pressure cooker and went with the IP.  

I'm thinking about it. If Q had offered free shipping rather than just reduced shipping, that may have pushed me over the buying edge.

Enjoy your TWO Ninjas @SharkE 

Honored Contributor

Re: Ninja is coming by UPS

[ Edited ]

@beba51 wrote:

I have really enjoyed your comments about the Foodie. I orded mine the 19th I hope it ships tomorrow. I'm excited to get it. Do you recommend any other accessories ?

one girl asked me about making banana bread you can go to Utube and watch videos on making banana bread right in the pan or you can buy the loaf pan that they sell just for the foodi and bake in there.

What it does do right out of the box is enough for me. I bake a roast to brown it off and then pressure cook it the rest of the way. 

No, turning on of oven to brown it then transfer to the pressure cooker all in one pot and no heating up of the kitchen and DH hollering about cost of a/c. LOL

don't need air fryer any more you got one, leave the rack in the pan and put on air crisp and set timer and at any point during the air frying or bake process you can lift the lid to see how done it's getting. 

Of course you can't lift while pressure cooking LOL

I've been a country cook for mmmmm a few yrs. LOL and even I forgot one day and set it to pressure cook and the message popped saying 

"put on the correct lid" I had just lowered the air crisp lid and it picked up that the lid choice and the cooking choice wasn't a good match !!!

as far as clean up I got the Instant Pot too. The pot that comes with the Foodi is slick and cleans up easily. Just give it a couple of swipes and put back in. The rack you can clean with a squirt of Ivory and running under water put back in pot.

only thing it won't do is deep fry !!! LOL  I got gadgets out the wazoo.

Got deep fryer with the 3 baskets by Krups, Oster french door oven, 3 mixers. My prize of the kitchen is my SMEG mixer. 

Honored Contributor

@yellowrose wrote:

I love my Instant Pot, but I know the Ninja can do so much more.

However........

One thing keeping me from purchasing is it looks like the Ninja is non-stick.

I'd rather have stainless. That was why I donated my Cooks Essential

pressure cooker and went with the IP.  

I'm thinking about it. If Q had offered free shipping rather than just reduced shipping, that may have pushed me over the buying edge.

Enjoy your TWO Ninjas @SharkE 

I'm not a cheerleader for QVC, BUT, this is the ONLY place you will find the Foodi in colors. I got the black from Bed and bath and saved lot of money, but, when they finally came out with colors and way things are today it will either sell out Sun and not come back in stock or just in black.

Closer to Christmas...........Good Luck..........I jumped while the jumping was good.

Contributor

Thanks for the tips. They will help me get started. I have lots of kitchen gadgets too, once a year I go through all of it and donate to a local charity. I just did the clean out so time for some new buys. I've been looking at the foodie since it came out, but I knew the Q would have it in colors and I wanted a Red one. Like you I love red in my kitchen. I bake bread so I did get the bread pan, thanks again. 

Honored Contributor

I just took my NuWave air fryer to the Women's shelter they sell stuff to raise money for women's causes. Domestic violence, child abuse, etc.

It still  worked I just needed to move that out to move in a Foodi to that spot. LOL

DH will say let's nickname the place Foodi Headquarters. LOL He don't mind eating from it though !

Trusted Contributor

I THINK I've talked myself out of the Ninja.  Just like the Foodie, I can bake in my Instant Pot, so looks like the Crisping Lid would be the only selling point for me.  I have a convection toaster oven with a build in air fryer, so between that and my IP, I rarely use my oven.  Doesn't seem as if I NEED the Ninja. Hopefully my willpower won't fail me.Woman LOL

Appreciate all the info you posted @SharkE   Too bad you can't get a commission. Smiley Happy