Contributor

Does anyone use this and if so, what brand do you recommend? Also, is there a right side and wrong side to the paper?

Thanks for any input {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Frequent Contributor

Hi Sis. No there is no wrong side to the paper, I find Reynolds, one of the best, but occasionally if I find any other brand on sale, I'll buy it, it performs just as well.

Super Contributor
How does parchment paper differ from wax paper? I use wax paper in the microwave.
Trusted Contributor

I like to use the king arthur brand of parchment paper, they're pre-cut and fit my cookie sheet perfectly, and heavy duty. I can use the sheets over a few times over when baking cookies. I just think my cookies bake better on parchment.

Honored Contributor

We wouldn't be without these! They are so handy especially for roasting veggies or baking fish--which we do frequently! Having them in pre-cut sheets is wonderful. They are in a big ziplock bag and are easy to cut down if you need to because they lie flat. We keep them in a drawer on top of baking pans in a pull out drawer under the ovens. LOVE them!

Trusted Contributor

I used to bake professionally and parchement is used all the time in a bakeshop. It keeps sheet pans clean an nothing sticks to it. No greasing sheetpans.

It can also be cut in a triangle and rolled up to make a piping bag for icing or chocolate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oA_IqkD-pYo

I use it at home all the time, because I don't like washing messy pans! In addition to baking, it's good for roasted vegetables. The Reynolds brand is good, or see if a local baker would sell you a few sheets. The pro stuff is about 16x24".

Honored Contributor

I use it several times a week. Roasting vegetables, heating up items in oven. I buy Kirkland brand at Costco.

Honored Contributor

I use Wilton's, comes in a roll, about the size of a roll of alum foil. I use it for baking, roasting veggies, etc. Makes clean up a breeze. Would not like to do without it.

"To each their own, in all things".
Super Contributor
On 3/28/2014 gazelle77 said: How does parchment paper differ from wax paper? I use wax paper in the microwave.

I use Reynolds parchment paper on a cookie sheet in the oven. I put fries, onion rings, garlic bread, fish, etc. on it for easy cleanup.

Super Contributor

I use it all the time. Costco has a large roll for less than $5. Great price and great product. There was a thread a month or two ago that had a link for something like 100 uses for parchment. Might have even been something that can be found on King Arthur's site.