Contributor

Been forgoing the use of paper towels.  Too expensive and wasteful.  Been using old towels and cloths for cleaning.  My favorite are the Swedish dish cloths from Amazon.  They wash great in hot water with bleach and are ready to go again.  Inexpensive and they are a gift that keeps on giving.

Respected Contributor

Sorry, I cannot agree. I have dogs, cats, and birds, and some messes definitely mean complete destruction of the cleaning materials. I swear by Bounty paper towels and I always have a collection.  Husband also uses paper towels to clean paint, etc. off tools. (Not really possible to wash a stained rag afterwards!)

Washing rags in hot water all the time would raise my water and heating bills! 

You must have a very clean house to begin with!

Esteemed Contributor

I prefer paper towels. I like the convenience & I think they're more sanitary. It's worth the extra money, if it makes my life easier.

Honored Contributor

I applaud your efforts.  I try to conserve paper towels for the environment and because they've gotten expensive. I use select-a-size, even tearing that small sheet in half when I can.  I use an old dish towel rather than paper towels to wipe up "clean messes," i.e. water or soapy water.  I don't use paper napkins, substituting paper towels.

Honored Contributor

I use paper towels.  They are more hygienic and ready to use.  

Trusted Contributor

bounty (essentials) or bustSmiley LOL

Trusted Contributor

I use very few paper towels.  I do use them for polishing mirrors and for soaking up greasy spills.  For everyday cleaning tasks I use microfiber dish rags.  They do stain, but that doesn't bother me; they are not on display.  They last a long time. 

I see women loading up with very large packages of paper towels at Walmart and I always wonder why.  I just wash my dish rags in with my other towels, so it's not adding to my laundry costs.

Honored Contributor

Bounty paper towels select a size are essential here. 

Always. 

Respected Contributor

I use Bounty paper towels. I cannot stand a dirty rag. All I see is germs on the rag. I need to throw the paper towel away immediately. 

Valued Contributor

When hospice was hear for my husband, I put brand new hand cloths in one of the downstairs bathrooms for the nurses use......they told me no thank you we only use

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

I prefer paper towels. I like the convenience & I think they're more sanitary. It's worth the extra money, if it makes my life easier.

When hospice was hear for my husband, I put brand new hand cloths in the downstairs bathroom they would be using.......They told me no thank you...we only use
paper towels !