Respected Contributor

Re: Paging TuesdayTaylor.....Greek Rice Pudding Recipe for you, and our other QVC Pals

On 3/8/2015 OldFoogey said:

This sounds yummy, is it possible to use low fat milk?

Yes OldFoogey you can, and it is yummy.........Enjoy!

Respected Contributor

Re: Paging TuesdayTaylor.....Greek Rice Pudding Recipe for you, and our other QVC Pals

On 3/8/2015 birkin baby said: I love rice pudding with lemon in it. This sounds especially delicious.

birkin baby we love lemon in many recipes, as it adds a citrus richness to many recipes and not just desserts.

You will love the lemony goodness of this Greek Rice Pudding recipe I promise.

Enjoy!

Respected Contributor

On 3/8/2015 rosehill said:

Adore, you are a dear. Thank you for the lovely recipe-I am going to try it. Smile

Hi rosehill,

Many thanks for you lovely reply and I hope you do try it and advise me if it is a keeper or not.

I believe it will be as this recipe has received raves from family, friends, and pot luck events.

Super Contributor

Good evening adoreqvc,

This Greek Creamy Rice Pudding <em>sounds delish!</em>

Thank you for taking the time to share the recipe. My Mom and I both love rice pudding. I need to get together with her and try it out.

Thanks for the info concerning rice. I had no idea it could cause food poison.

Respected Contributor

On 3/8/2015 lil spot said:

Good evening adoreqvc,

This Greek Creamy Rice Pudding <em>sounds delish!</em>

Thank you for taking the time to share the recipe. My Mom and I both love rice pudding. I need to get together with her and try it out.

Thanks for the info concerning rice. I had no idea it could cause food poison.

Hello to you lil spot and regards to your Mom too....

I hope you both get together and try this rice pudding because it is delicious.

As for the rice safety tips I felt people may not know about what can occur, so since knowledge is power, and an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.....I posted the information since it helps to know and prevent ill health and dangers to a persons overall health and well being.

Trusted Contributor

On 3/8/2015 adoreqvc said:
On 3/8/2015 TuesdayTaylor said:

Thank you, thank you, thank you! Your recipe sounds SO good!! Thank you for the step-by-step instructions, that means so much to me! If it weren't for your instructions I know I would mess this up. I can't wait to try it, I already know it's going to taste wonderful. I'm hoping to be able to get good enough at making it that I could even bring it to parties. Usually I just buy something ready-made at the store to bring to gatherings, but I would be so proud to actually make something myself. Thank you again! Hugs to you!!

TuesdayTaylor good evening to you dear sweet friend,

It will be fun to make this for parties too.

You can make larger portions by doubling the ingredients and using a larger cooking pot or 2 different pots for preparing and taking to parties.

If taking for parties I would leave off the Cinnamon since some people may not be able to tolerate that spice, or may be allergic to it, or just not like it.

You can bring some Cinnamon with you if you wish and leave it next to your rice puddings, so those who would like it, can help themselves.

I will always try and give you hints to make a recipe easier to be able to follow, and as you always say not "mess it up".........on the other hand many messed up recipes may turn out not looking so great but the taste is wonderful........so one can never really judge without tasting first.

Cooking should be a relaxing, happy, fun filled created labor of love experience one to encounter with confidence and a good recipe easy to follow.

It should never be a worry some type encounter which would make you shy away from being confident and creative in the kitchen.

No worries with this recipe sweetie.......it will be sensational and make you proud making and serving it, as well as very satisfied eating it, and believe me, the thank you's and the compliments will come.

If you need more help give me a page on kitchen talk and i will try and help you, but in any event try it with a smile and confidence and post back and honestly give me your opinion.

Enjoy.........Sending hugs back to you too!

Happy creative cooking, preparing, presenting, and happy eatingSmile.

Oh, boy, that's a good idea about leaving the cinnamon off and keeping it to the side just in case. I wouldn't have thought of that. I love cinnamon but you're right, some might not like it or can't have it, so I'll definitely do as you suggest. I hate to admit this but before your step-by-step instructions I figured that you cook the rice first and then add the pudding ingredients to the cooked rice! heehee. I'm a work in progress! {#emotions_dlg.blush}

Respected Contributor

On 3/8/2015 adoreqvc said:

Thank you, thank you, thank you! Your recipe sounds SO good!! Thank you for the step-by-step instructions, that means so much to me! If it weren't for your instructions I know I would mess this up. I can't wait to try it, I already know it's going to taste wonderful. I'm hoping to be able to get good enough at making it that I could even bring it to parties. Usually I just buy something ready-made at the store to bring to gatherings, but I would be so proud to actually make something myself. Thank you again! Hugs to you!!

TuesdayTaylor good evening to you dear sweet friend,

It will be fun to make this for parties too.

You can make larger portions by doubling the ingredients and using a larger cooking pot or 2 different pots for preparing and taking to parties.

If taking for parties I would leave off the Cinnamon since some people may not be able to tolerate that spice, or may be allergic to it, or just not like it.

You can bring some Cinnamon with you if you wish and leave it next to your rice puddings, so those who would like it, can help themselves.

I will always try and give you hints to make a recipe easier to be able to follow, and as you always say not "mess it up".........on the other hand many messed up recipes may turn out not looking so great but the taste is wonderful........so one can never really judge without tasting first.

Cooking should be a relaxing, happy, fun filled created labor of love experience one to encounter with confidence and a good recipe easy to follow.

It should never be a worry some type encounter which would make you shy away from being confident and creative in the kitchen.

No worries with this recipe sweetie.......it will be sensational and make you proud making and serving it, as well as very satisfied eating it, and believe me, the thank you's and the compliments will come.

If you need more help give me a page on kitchen talk and i will try and help you, but in any event try it with a smile and confidence and post back and honestly give me your opinion.

Enjoy.........Sending hugs back to you too!

Happy creative cooking, preparing, presenting, and happy eatingSmile.

Oh, boy, that's a good idea about leaving the cinnamon off and keeping it to the side just in case. I wouldn't have thought of that. I love cinnamon but you're right, some might not like it or can't have it, so I'll definitely do as you suggest. I hate to admit this but before your step-by-step instructions I figured that you cook the rice first and then add the pudding ingredients to the cooked rice! heehee. I'm a work in progress! {#emotions_dlg.blush}

See sweetie you are learning as you go along, and I am so glad you will now with much confidence become a very good creative cook and baker, and I am always around so please... no worries.

Here are even more hints in case you would like to learn more....

1) Read through your recipe first.
2) Measure out all ingredients and have everything at the ready before you proceed.
3) Line everything up in 1 place next to your stove, & assemble per recipe instructions.
4) Keep your eye on the clock or use a kitchen timer, and follow the instructions.

Always make sure to follow the stove hi medium low, simmer boil etc instructions, and when wanting to simmer something like the rice pudding you need to allow it to come to a rolling boil, then lower your gas to a simmer so the water is moving and rolling but slowly. For many recipes it may say boil, then simmer and cover.

When the water boils, lower it to a simmer and then cover the pot....BUT WAIT A FEW MINUTES THEN LIFT THE COVER TO BE SURE THE WATER IS STILL SIMMERING SLOWLY, AND HAS NOT STOPPED. IF IT HAS STOPPED RAISE YOUR HEAT A LITTLE HIGHER, AND TRY AGAIN).

BTW I always taste when the recipe is at least 3/4’s cooked to ensure it tastes good and does not need more spices or anything else. (Your taste buds will alert you).

Also if you find you have run out of 1 ingredient do an Google internet search and type in substitution for whatever ingredient it is you ran out of.....Many times the substitution ingredient you have on hand is in your pantry area, so no need to run out to the store.

Also I never buy can buttermilk.

I make my own fresh buttermilk using this well known recipe:
Combine the milk and lemon juice. Measure 1 scant cup of milk. Stir in 1 tablespoon of lemon juice or white vinegar. Let stand 5-10 minutes. Let the mixture stand at room temperature for 5-10 minutes. ...

Use the buttermilk. Use this substitute (including curdled bits) as you would buttermilk in your recipe Also you can make as much as your recipe calls for. This works great with every buttermilk recipe I have made and I stopped buying buttermilk when for so many years I used a small amount in a recipe, and then it expired in the fridge so I was constantly throwing it out. I also do not like frozen buttermilk, so I make it fresh instead.

So now TuesdayTaylor go ahead and make yourself, your family, guests, myself, and everyone who samples your cooking and baking very proud.

I am beaming already since I know you have the drive, a willingness to learn, enthusiasm, a great sense of humor, and the curiosity it takes to become a very wonderful cook and baker.

All you need is some encouragement along the way........ and you will be successful, I promise!

Have a lovely upcoming week, and I am here if you need more support.