Honored Contributor

Re: PERFECT GOURMET POTSTICKERS, WHAT HAPPENED???

I"ve seen this happen with not only a few other food items, but with numerous non-food items as well.

They will sell a good quality product and then, when it becomes monumentally popular, they start the cutting back.  Remember the original crab cakes?  Those were really good - at first.   

I have a few clothing products from QVC that were good quality and then you bought some more of them, even just a few months later, and the quality was completely different - thinner material, less integrous composition, the whole nine yards.

I hate to see good quality products change but that's the way it goes with a retailer wanting to keep selling it, yet they want to cut the quality to bring up the profits.

Respected Contributor

@Ketra wrote:

@kitcat51 wrote:

Didn't they offer a mini version of their potstickers?   

@kitcat51  Yes, they still do, but they are shaped differently than the regular ones, and even smaller than the ones I received.

Thanks for the reply, I don't watch the food shows so must of saw them while channel surfing...the useless things I remember, lol. Sorry you & others were disappointed.

Respected Contributor

I was just now watching the gourmet food show and nearly ordered the Perfect Gourmet Gorgonzola Chicken.  I think I'll pass if the brand cannot now be trusted to live up to previous standards.  I don't mind taking chances now and then but the chicken is a bit expensive to gamble on.

Contributor

Interesting. I noticed that Sunday (or Wednesday) on David's show, they had a different brand of Potstickers on the show. I thought that was strange since David RAVES about the Perfect Gourmet potstickers. I did not watch the presentation so I am not sure how he talked about the different brand.

Respected Contributor

What a shame. I agree with what @chickenbutt said.
Respected Contributor

@cotto22    I keep meaning to try the Trader Joe’s potstickers.  I’m going this week to look for them.  Thank you!!

Respected Contributor

Trader Joe's potstickers are delicious and a fraction of what QVC potstickers sell for. I ordered QVC's version once so I could compare to Trader Joe's. The only difference I could tell was the price. I'll keep some money in my pocket and continue to buy them from Trader Joe's.