Respected Contributor

I've seen larger styles on Amazon and it fascinates me the ways people find to accomodate their stuff.  The cluttery look of it would get on my nerves but I'm glad it is available for those who need it and there are a lot of people who have precious little kitchen storage or counter space and no d/w.

Contributor

My OCD would kick into overdrive. I can't stand clutter.

Esteemed Contributor

This dish rack/drainer is just crazy - not something that I'd want! I have a small kitchen and limited counter space, but I would never put this monstrosity on my counter! I don't even use a dish drainer in my sink. The majority of dishes (for the 2 of us) go in the dishwasher, and the few pans that I hand wash are just dried right away and put back in the cabinet. I have a split sink and sometimes let a few items dry there, but I just place them on a clean microfiber cloth.

Trusted Contributor

I get your criticisms, but still, I love clever designs like this. Definitely not for everyone! But for those with specific kitchen configurations, it would be great. I'm thinking a single person with a small Manhattan kitchen could store the dishes right here permanently. Use them, wash them, put them back, no cupboard involved.  Sleek. Simple. You could keep your 4 pretty plates, bowls, flatware, glasses, mugs and wine glasses, and maybe your lovely stoneware mixing bowl right there. Then use your cupboard for packaged food items or things that aren't so attractive, like your box grater and your banged-up saucepan. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have a tiny kitchen and no dishwasher.  Therefore, I hand wash everything.  I can't stand clutter so I just hand dry everything as I go along..  That works best for me so I've never used or needed any kind of drying rack.  

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

I could see using this for washing dishes and putting them there while you're washing, but them drying all of them right away when you're done washing and then putting the dishes in their respective cupboards.

Respected Contributor

I have a very small kitchen, but I would hate that thing.  I do have a dish rack in my split sink.  Wash, let them dry, and put them away.  And I can guarantee you if I did have it, my fruit would not be in one section as shown.  

Contributor

I want to thank those who posted/commented on this item. Very small kitchen with no room for dishwasher. The one here did not fit my sink but found it elsewhere to fit. My countertop and sink are back to use instead of cluttered. Wish I knew about earlier but cannot thank you all enough for posting. Would not work for everyone but for me it makes me love my kitchen and cooking again.