Super Contributor

I am searching for one of those silicone (I think?) thin liners you put in your electric oven on the bottom underneath the heating element to catch drips. The ones I'm seeing on Amazon mostly say not for use in bottom of oven and to put them on the lowest oven rack instead. Does anyone have or know anything about these? I'd really rather put it in the bottom of the oven if there is such a thing. Thanks all!

Honored Contributor

I've seen them for sale here at QVC. They specifically present them as something that you can put in the bottom of the oven (although I wouldn't). They are nonstick and I believe you can cut them to size. Just search 'oven liner' and I think you'd find it.

At one time I was contemplating using something like that, or some sort of similar solution, but I decided that it was just easier and safer to clean up the bottom after each use if there was anything down there. I just wait for the oven to cool completely and pick up any debris.

If there's one job I hate (well, aside from cleaning toilets) it's cleaning ovens - especially the older I get.

Respected Contributor

It depends on what kind of oven you have. Most I see now don't have an external burner on the bottom anymore, it's built in and even the ones that say put on the bottom will discolor in the shape of the burner. You used to slide them under the burner and there was space between the liner and the burner.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Super Contributor

You can't put them under the burner on the bottom of an oven that has a convection fan.

Valued Contributor

I just use aluminum foil. I slip a sheet under the element in the electric oven after folding it to the correct dimensions. Use it in my vintage electric wall oven and my standalone gas range. No problems. Cheap too!

Honored Contributor

They have the silicone oven liners @ Bed Bath & Beyond. They come with 2 sheets.

I'm not sure what ovens they work in. Although, my friend bought them and we have electric oven and she uses them.

Hope this helps!

Super Contributor

I use foil, too.

Contributor

Check your owners guide to see if you can use anything in the bottom of your oven. Mine says specifically not to. There is a warning as well on the bottom pan not to use foil or any liners.

Super Contributor

Just an FYI for those who put foil in the bottom of their ovens. This will void most oven warranties and is not recommended by Reynolds, a leading manufacturer of aluminum foil.This is from their FAQ on their website:

To avoid possible heat damage to your oven, we do not recommend

using aluminum foil to line the bottom of your oven. Rather, we

recommend that you place a sheet of heavy duty aluminum foil on

the oven rack beneath the pie or casserole you are baking. The foil

should be only a few inches larger than the baking pan to allow for

proper heat circulation. The foil will catch any drips before they reach

the oven bottom.

Honored Contributor

I use them and have for years

work great

I have an electric oven, no problems, they need to be replaced every so often depending on how much the oven is used.